1200 twincam rear disc lock

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas what rear disc lock fits a 1200 twin cam? Ive figured out a way of defeating the dreaded grinder. just fit shit loads of locks, either the disc or the battery will run out before the supply of locks does.Or they will pick somebody elses bike.

Or they will, if they really want it, pick it up and put in a van.

Sorry, i too have failed to find a disc lock that goes on the rear disc.

Ive got one of these through the hole, LINKY the lock gets a very good write up, but its proper heavy.
Theres enough hoop left sticking out to attatch a pragmasis chain to fix it to a post/pole etc .I guess anything strong will have to be heavy.Theres no point of going too thick a chain, as long as its cropper proof thats enough. A grinder will take on a 22mm chain as well as a 16mm chain.
If you put enough security on the bike, hopefully the knobs will run out and batteries and discs.

I have a 120cm Motrax English chain with shutter type padlock. It’s not mega heavy but still wellard. I also have a fancy Abus with loose shackle padlock. It feels heavier so it’s tough. However the lock is a pain to use and the sheer weight of the chain puts the wheel paint at risk every time it’s used.
IMO bigger is not better.

Just cropper proof is enough, the knobs know how to use a grinder, so no point going for the 22mm stuff..that u lock was £120 so the chain and dib lock will have to wait until next pay day.

If the bike is hidden away all they have to do is heat a padlock/chain link with a plumbers blow torch. Dull red heat will kill the steel hardening & tempering and a bolt cropper will slice it like butter.

If the bike is hidden away all they have to do is heat a padlock/chain link with a plumbers blow torch. Dull red heat will kill the steel hardening & tempering and a bolt cropper will slice it like butter.

well we may as well lock it with a piece of string then.

well we may as well lock it with a piece of string then.

I was being a bit “emotive” but - Pretty much. But even a relatively weak chain that’s either inaccessible (bike covering a ground anchor) or not lying in the floor is much harder to bolt crop.

Nothing is safe against battery angle grinders.

Back
Top Bottom