Honda RVF400

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Nothing in this Honda section about them :comfort

Had VFR400's as well....the pic show's my first RVF400 10 years ago and my current steed is on the right...even bought a Haynes manual for it !!!:D

Attachments

• Honda RVF400R_then and now.jpg
    Honda RVF400R_then and now.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 520
Nice bikes, I remember doing the Honda bike school at Caldwell park on the (RC) vfr 400, not quick, but handled really nice. Mates got an RVF 750, there worth a few quid now and the 400’s must have appreciated a bit by now. Yours looks in nice original condition :thumb2.

Nice bikes, I remember doing the Honda bike school at Caldwell park on the (RC) vfr 400, not quick, but handled really nice. Mates got an RVF 750, there worth a few quid now and the 400’s must have appreciated a bit by now. Yours looks in nice original condition :thumb2.

Same here in terms of Cadwell on the NC30. I remember getting my knee down (just a couple of times) and starting to think we were going pretty fast until someone who had their race licence who was with us passed our group of four on the outside of a corner as if we were stationary. I then realised no racing god was I ever going to be. Great fun and went out and bought an NC30 not long afterwards. Beautiful little bikes and fantastic build quality.

Another one of those ‘wished I’d never sold it’ bikes.

Your RVF looks a sweet bike and as said probably steadily going up in value as well which is a bonus. Wish I had one, though probably too old and fat to really appreciate it!

Same here in terms of Cadwell on the NC30. I remember getting my knee down (just a couple of times) and starting to think we were going pretty fast until someone who had their race licence who was with us passed our group of four on the outside of a corner as if we were stationary. I then realised no racing god was I ever going to be. Great fun and went out and bought an NC30 not long afterwards. Beautiful little bikes and fantastic build quality.

Another one of those ‘wished I’d never sold it’ bikes.

Your RVF looks a sweet bike and as said probably steadily going up in value as well which is a bonus. Wish I had one, though probably too old and fat to really appreciate it!

My bike broke down (gear linkage came loose) so they sent me out with my own personal instructor (Mark Phillips) to circulate on my own, got me knee down for the first time, thought I was going pretty quick until Mark came around the outside on a left hand corner, one hand off the bars, looking back at me pointing at the correct line, whilst dragging his knee. I too realised these dudes were living on a different planet. Still thoroughly enjoyed the day and the bike was great.

Never bought one though (mortgage had made me bike less at the time). These bikes are classics and still look great today and sound great too. I wouldn’t be able to bend me legs enough to ride one now.

Is that the one I sold you Kenny? One of the few bikes I wish I'd kept!

Handle like a dream, just need that 750 motor in !! :D

I don't think it does Kenny, you need to be very, very good to be able to ride the 400 flat out.
This was mine, I had it imported new from Japan, part exchanged it for an SP1 and regretted it ever since.

Attachments

• RVF at Port Erin at sunset.jpg
    RVF at Port Erin at sunset.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 305

Back
Top Bottom