Honda x adv and nc750s

ninjarich1971

Reaction score
My missus has developed a bit of a spacky wrist on the clutch side and it would seem that this may be a rather long winded affair. This is causing her grief when she gets on her bike as although she can hold on and grip she struggles to extend her hand and pull in the clutch. She loves her cb500f but obviously can’t ride it without using the clutch.
So after hearing rave reviews about the dct system on a few hondas we decided to go and throw her leg over the new x adv non scooter type thingy. Admittedly the looks are a bit of a marmite affair and she wasn’t overly impressed, however I quite like it and assured her that once she took it for a blat she might well learn to love it. Well, she couldn’t even get on it, it’s so flipping tall and once she did get on it because the seat and running boards are so wide you really struggle to get your feet anywhere near the floor. I tried it and at 6foot plus it’s a stretch. They do a lowering kit but we were fast going off the idea and a £10000 price wasn’t helping.
So the salesman said what about this and showed her the new nc 750s with dct and admittedly it’s a bit dull to look at but what a revelation. She was on it faster than you could say and yes it’s a bit heavier than her cb500 to man handle but once running the dct makes for a happy wife. Also it’s £3000 cheaper than the x adv and they share the same engine. So looks like I’ll be having to put in some overtime if it ever dries up. :thumb

I had an NC DCT as a loan bike when my AT was in for a service, what a hoot it was. I found it to be quick enough and so easy to throw around.

If I was looking for something smaller then it would be on top of my list.

I like that Honda are trying something new with the X-ADV but it does feel very over priced, especially when compared to the NC750 range. It's selling very well in Europe though so some people are put off by the price.

I have ordered a x adv and it will be delivered on Saturday, rode one when they 1st came out and really liked it , not perfect as in storage (ordered Givi rack) , chain drive :)nenau I can live with it ) feckin expensive , well there is nothing around that I fancy so going with this as I think it will be great fun and something different. Got the AT DCT but the DCT on the SUV (not scooter according to Honda) is in another league, super smooth and changed gears exactly as I thought about doing it manually. Looking forward to it.

I have ordered a x adv and it will be delivered on Saturday, rode one when they 1st came out and really liked it , not perfect as in storage (ordered Givi rack) , chain drive :)nenau I can live with it ) feckin expensive , well there is nothing around that I fancy so going with this as I think it will be great fun and something different. Got the AT DCT but the DCT on the SUV (not scooter according to Honda) is in another league, super smooth and changed gears exactly as I thought about doing it manually. Looking forward to it.
I have an x adv there amazing bikes you'll love it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got out on it today it's on rails super easy to ride sounds wicked you need to ride it to get the most from it rather than tickle it, adveraging 70mpg ATM 12 quid gets me 170 miles before reserve (20 miles) suspension brilliant goes over the pot holes nice (loads here in Sussex) under seat storage I have added rider pegs the top box also came with it's own postcode 🤣
84a7f5db046728d63524af9609ac373f.jpg

Thanks, Not far off silly money they were about 200 quid if I recall so enough for sure

That really does look tasty, best colour too but as usual deleted this year :blast as is the free topbox :mad:
Where did you source the pegs please, seen them on eblag (Puig ?) for circa £200 but seems to be just pegs no mention of mounting plates ?
Are the protection bars Givi ? or Honda

Sorry for all the questions but not much info out there and the Honda website is shite for accessories or info.

That really does look tasty, best colour too but as usual deleted this year :blast as is the free topbox :mad:
Where did you source the pegs please, seen them on eblag (Puig ?) for circa £200 but seems to be just pegs no mention of mounting plates ?
Are the protection bars Givi ? or Honda

Sorry for all the questions but not much info out there and the Honda website is shite for accessories or info.
Hi Den

The bars are Honda ones and the pegs are dzell there from Korea and I got them on eBay didn't take long to come actually quicker than some UK post items! Thanks I like the colour to I have had a grey one to but regretted getting g shit so much I bought another one such a good bike so we'll balanced and most of all FUN great for the congestion on the roads today also you can move the gears via the buttons electronically to give you engine breaking I to the corners in automatic to. Honda seriously got this bike right this is the third gen dct and slightly lower geared to with the x adv in the first gear or two, on the nail you'd see about 116mph (off the main road obviously) and the shunt is pmeanty enough for todays roads

I have a feeling the Honda colours was a special edition

Thanks Neo, I will try and look them up on Eblag, lots of Puig versions and a few Honda (£500 !) think a lot of the accessories are made by Risoma hence prices

Thanks Neo, I will try and look them up on Eblag, lots of Puig versions and a few Honda (£500 !) think a lot of the accessories are made by Risoma hence prices
Your welcome I searched for mine but there not on there at the moment you may be able to go direct

I'm looking to test ride one of these when I can. If I do go for one, it'll probably mean me trading in my F800Gs for it.

I took one out for a test ride and was very impressed. Reasonably quick, smooth, handles well, great build quality and so much fun

Went for test ride on one last week.... bloody loved it..... what an amazing bike..... so have ordered one..... can't wait!! :)

Scanning through page 1, I was about to suggest an Aprilia Mana GT - but it looks as if you have already ordered.

I rode the original Mana at the launch, and it was great fun - the GT adds a useful bikini fairing.

Back
Top Bottom