Nippy Norman A++++++++

spm0912

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
NN often gets slated for his service on here so I thought I'd recount my recent experience.

Ordered a set of Wunderlich clear tank protectors for my new GSA. I've done a bit of vinyl wrapping and had some reasonable success so thought I'd have no problems. Wrong!! Absolute bitch to do without getting blemishes and air pockets.

I never contacted NN but left feedback to the effect that they weren't really a DIY fix

Received an email offering another set FOC (which arrived today thanks:thumby:) so no, I won't be applying them but I can now pull off the scabby ones I have fitted and get a professional to do the job properly

Just saying, no affiliation

Agreed. I've bought a few items from NN and never had any issues. Ordered a set of half price vario pannier wall mounts Monday And they arrived this morning. Nuff said :thumby:

You had better luck with NN than I had with Datatag today. I kindly asked if they could pop another warning sticker for my new Datatag registered GSA in the post. £2.50 came the reply. You’d think they’d only be to happy to send one free of charge given their mission of reducing bike theft. Ah well bad customer service is still alive and well.

My recent dealings with NNs over what appeared to be a missing parcel was good. But to note, offer to replace / refund items for which a substandard review has been submitted is standard practice with online sales that carry review/rating sections, to protect future sales. Sellers on Amazon will even relist items if the product is getting to many bad reviews. Did your review get published?

On the BMW protectors, I also found them quite difficult to apply without getting bubbles in, despite quite a lot of care in applying. I appreciate there's a skill involved though.

You had better luck with NN than I had with Datatag today. I kindly asked if they could pop another warning sticker for my new Datatag registered GSA in the post. £2.50 came the reply. You’d think they’d only be to happy to send one free of charge given their mission of reducing bike theft. Ah well bad customer service is still alive and well.

Datatag redeems itself with a nice email and offer of decals...well done Datatag...

The £2.50 we ask for these labels doesn't only cover the cost of the labels themselves but the postage, administration cost, management of our databases, costs of our 24 hour call centre, distribution of police scanners, police training etc. After taking these costs in to account we actually make a loss on these labels but without asking for a contribution from our customers for our products we wouldn't be able to continue our work to fight theft.

Bit harsh and nothing to do with Nippy Norman. So why post here!

Having a rant about being charged £2.50 for a business to supply and post a sticker to you. Then
saying its bad customer service because you asked nicely for it to be sent to you for free.

God help us if you do get real bad service.
Going to phone the police?

Back
Top Bottom