TFT Screen Problem

gbags

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a new 1200 GSA with the TFT screen and I have a problem.

I’ve only ridden the bike three times and a F O great warning has flashed up on the screen, three times - every time I’ve been out. The warning says stop the bike. Turn the bike off. Get the bike to a dealer.

The first time this happened was on my way home from buying the bloody bike!

Today’s warning, ten miles out from home, appeared to warn me about the emergency call feature but in the hurry to get out of traffic, pull off the road and park up, then take a photo for the dealer, the warning went away and I’m not 100% sure of the wording.

I bought this bike for THE BIG TRIP later this year so I need to get this sorted out before I cast off.

Has anyone else with a new bike had anything similar happen? Any ideas?

Thanks All.

Graham

I expect the screen is only reporting a problem elsewhere and not at fault itself.

Dealer time, for them to read the fault codes.

Still not good for a brand new bike though :mad:

Yes had same thing dealer checked no fault codes their is a software update available , but dealer advised to wait for further updates.

Oh great - pick my new bike up today....

Oh great - pick my new bike up today....

All is doomed tinfoil hat time, you will be fine, these are all just teething problems, this is why I stuck with late 2017 model as all bugs ironed out "hopefully" then I got a fork recall :blast

I noticed that on a Smoaks vlog he had an issue with a bike he was putting together in the workshop, he just updated the software and all was good. Can’t remember which vlog it was... maybe the one with the red GSA? Not sure... Anyway, all was well.

Thanks folks,
Nice positive responses.

This is my fourth Beemer and I’ve never had a problem with any of them.

I had an 800GS before this and put 32,000 miles and twenty odd countries on it without even a puncture but I wanted a shaft drive so part exchanged for this one. I’m very happy with the new bike.

As for BMW and the TFT, I spoke with my dealer who said that the emergency feature warns you when reception fails. As soon as you get reception back, the warning disappears.

This being rural hilly Devon, reception is always dropping in and out. I’ll take the bike in soon for it’s first service and they’ll have a sniff at it.

I’m pretty reassured and have six months before kick off to iron out any wrinkles.

Thanks folks,
Nice positive responses.

This is my fourth Beemer and I’ve never had a problem with any of them.

I had an 800GS before this and put 32,000 miles and twenty odd countries on it without even a puncture but I wanted a shaft drive so part exchanged for this one. I’m very happy with the new bike.

As for BMW and the TFT, I spoke with my dealer who said that the emergency feature warns you when reception fails. As soon as you get reception back, the warning disappears.

This being rural hilly Devon, reception is always dropping in and out. I’ll take the bike in soon for it’s first service and they’ll have a sniff at it.

I’m pretty reassured and have six months before kick off to iron out any wrinkles.

Good news, anyway the TFT will have a few teething problems like all new stuff, and Devon is it not covered with tinfoil...........

Sounds like you'll be getting that ' no reception' warning quite a bit. What a pain in the saddle; I wonder if the feature can be disabled.

so what was the outcome of this ?

I had the error message about the emergency call not being available as well. Contacted the dealer and they confirmed it’s a software issue.

Received the software update today that is supposed to overcome the problem.

Back
Top Bottom