Cigarette Type Socket That Plugs Into Headstock Canbus Plug

essjay

Reaction score
As the title says. Anyone know of a cigarette type socket that plugs into the Canbus socket up near the clocks? I did have it plugged into a Nav IV but want to power a phone instead.

Prefer the bigger socket and not the Hella/BMW if possible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That link brings me to a Hella/BMW plug to normal cigarette lighter socket. I'm looking for a Canbus plug on one end.

Ah so I can't get an all in one? Get the repair plug and wire into a cigarette socket?

Thanks

If you power a phone charger from the canbus it will only work whilst the bike is turned on apart from a few minutes after it's turned off
which, isn't much use if you want it for when you are camping. Just a heads up in case you weren't aware and do camp.

If you power a phone charger from the canbus it will only work whilst the bike is turned on apart from a few minutes after it's turned off
which, isn't much use if you want it for when you are camping. Just a heads up in case you weren't aware and do camp.

Yep well aware. I’m looking at hooking up a wireless charger if I can so I’d want it to go off.

Aye. I have a IP68 phone that has wireless charging. I’m using the phone for SatNav and need to power it on the bike. Powering from USB is not the best idea as the USB plug can vibrate and short the socket.

I can stick a wireless charger to the phone cradle.

If it works, it works, but it’ll at least entertain me for a few days trying to set it up :D

Not trying to be funny, but why not just buy a cheap Tomtom, and stick it in a waterproof case on the bars, you are going to end up killing your phone.

Not trying to be funny, but why not just buy a cheap Tomtom, and stick it in a waterproof case on the bars, you are going to end up killing your phone.

‘Cos I don’t want to ;)

Loads of people over on ADVRider do it for small and overland trips. Thought I’d give it a try.

Does anyone bother putting a fuse in line with the Canbus to an accessory socket? I think it's limited to 5A anyway....

Back
Top Bottom