New bike just arrived now need to fit my old spots

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve taken delivery of my new GS today and I have to fit the spots from my 2016 bike onto my 2018 bike.

On the new bike it looks as though there is a bit more room to operate, and that I might be able to fit and connect the spot lamps from the old bike onto my 2018 bike without removing the trim panels like I had to on the 2016 bike.

Has anyone managed this?

Can I fit the spots from a 2016 GS onto a 2018 GS without removing the trim panels?

Are these spots the OE Bmw ones ? I might be wrong but the brackets differ on the 18 from the 16 model , if not , The brackets and lights are easy enough to fit, but to get them working it’s back to the dealership for the bike to be loaded with software , they don’t just turn on unfortunately

I’ve taken delivery of my new GS today and I have to fit the spots from my 2016 bike onto my 2018 bike.

On the new bike it looks as though there is a bit more room to operate, and that I might be able to fit and connect the spot lamps from the old bike onto my 2018 bike without removing the trim panels like I had to on the 2016 bike.

Has anyone managed this?

Can I fit the spots from a 2016 GS onto a 2018 GS without removing the trim panels?

Batman, Just a thought, I have a really nice Italian designed GS side foot enlarger by Rizoma for sale. As you look after your bike you might like this addition which is better than standard wunderlich etc. I have for sale at £38 but can look at price. See my profile for pics. Regards Glenn

Yes BMW oem spots, the bracket fits okay as I’ve tried it screwed into position and I’ll I’ll get them turned on by Jeffries at the 600 mile service.
It’s just the connection on the bike’s loom, I can see what appears to be the main connector plug, but I seem to think that there should be two connectors on the bikes’s loom.....maybe I’ll have to start stripping, I just want to save another job. It’s surprising just how much stuff you swop from bike to bike every time you change.

Batman, Just a thought, I have a really nice Italian designed GS side foot enlarger by Rizoma for sale. As you look after your bike you might like this addition which is better than standard wunderlich etc. I have for sale at £38 but can look at price. See my profile for pics. Regards Glenn

Hi G&T, many thanks for your kind offer, Rizoma make some fabulous and beautiful bike gear but I have the Wunderlich pad from my old bike which ain’t that bad, hopefully someone will pick it up from here? :thumb

Hi G&T, many thanks for your kind offer, Rizoma make some fabulous and beautiful bike gear but I have the Wunderlich pad from my old bike which ain’t that bad, hopefully someone will pick it up from here? :thumb

:thumb

You've mentioned a new bike, but haven't put any pictures on here. Come on, man, what's the matter with you? :rob:D

You've mentioned a new bike, but haven't put any pictures on here. Come on, man, what's the matter with you? :rob:D

How dare he satisfy his own needs and not ours, how selfish !!

Pics immediately or it never happened... :bounce1

Okay Nutty...begging forgivness I'll post a photo later, however it is just a standard stock white TE, nothing to write home about :)

Love the TFT clock though.

Photos as promised

Nutty and others, here is my new steed, swopped it for my old T/B yesterday.

‘Out from the dark and into the light’.....err white!

Nice to have a silver motor and easy clean wheels, the TB was an awesome looking bike but a bast’d to keep clean and shiny, especially those matte black spoked wheels, this baby should be a joy to wash :bounce1

Sorry about the photo quality, it’s very dull out yonder today......almost darkish!

Attachments

• 92D30ED3-4AEF-4187-9342-F955AD5F5CE6.jpg
    92D30ED3-4AEF-4187-9342-F955AD5F5CE6.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 502
  • DC21A73F-2273-4266-98FE-340F904407D3.jpg
    DC21A73F-2273-4266-98FE-340F904407D3.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 508
Looks good. Now show us the fancy clocks.:D

Your challenge is to get the mileage so that the figures look rude, like we used to do on calculators at school. Or was that just me? :JB

As promised with clocks...all singing and dancing.

It’s just like Blackpool....lovely :cool:

Attachments

• 79FCD44F-BD36-4DF0-9685-44E79A713E21.jpg
    79FCD44F-BD36-4DF0-9685-44E79A713E21.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 375
Yes BMW oem spots, the bracket fits okay as I’ve tried it screwed into position and I’ll I’ll get them turned on by Jeffries at the 600 mile service.
It’s just the connection on the bike’s loom, I can see what appears to be the main connector plug, but I seem to think that there should be two connectors on the bikes’s loom.....maybe I’ll have to start stripping, I just want to save another job. It’s surprising just how much stuff you swop from bike to bike every time you change.

Keep us informed please as I would like to add the spots to mine without paying my dealers labour charges. I fitted the oem spots to my GS TC and it was quite a job (beak, tank, airbox off job). Hopefully it is easier on the WC.............

As promised with clocks...all singing and dancing.

It’s just like Blackpool....lovely :cool:

Jesus fuck I want the new dash!!! However, I spent 10 hours on my bike today and still love it. Hard to justify a big changeover cost essentially just for a dash.

I'd not bother with the Navigator if I had the new dash. I moved to a Tomtom Rider 450 and moved the Nav VI to the bars just to use the bike information dashboard. Doesn't seem like many extra reasons to buy the navigator anymore if you have the TFT

Jersey,
It’s quite an easy job to fit the genuine spots to the new GS 2018.
Beak and front panels do need removing but they come off very easily, some of the screws vary, some have shoulders etc. If you are unsure just remove them and tape them next to their holes on the panels with some masking tape.
The lamp mounting bracket goes up very easily with just two screws and the plugs and sockets are mounted on the left side.
However the dealer still needs to switch them on via the bike’s ECU.

Jesus fuck I want the new dash!!! However, I spent 10 hours on my bike today and still love it. Hard to justify a big changeover cost essentially just for a dash.

I'd not bother with the Navigator if I had the new dash. I moved to a Tomtom Rider 450 and moved the Nav VI to the bars just to use the bike information dashboard. Doesn't seem like many extra reasons to buy the navigator anymore if you have the TFT

Just wait for the new GS. It’ll be worth waiting for. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom