Quick shift + on the 1290S

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out on the bike yesterday and totally forgot it has Quick shift. Got home and remembered.

Anyone else never had it before and can't get use to using it?

Sounds like it is time to sell the bike, how about a nice simple 1190S in px?

Went out on the bike yesterday and totally forgot it has Quick shift. Got home and remembered.

Anyone else never had it before and can't get use to using it?

My problem is forgetting my R Nine T Scrambler does not have it :D

Works so well on the 1290S I use it all the time where as the only other bike I've had with a QS (2014 GSA) I seldom used it as it was not that good.

You went out on the bike? :eek::D

Yep! Don't happen often in the winter these days. But the sun actually came out yesterday for a few hours.
Was itching to get out earlier... But had to go to the dentist at tooth hurty and have a wisdom tooth put in.

I still love the 1190, only thing I really desire from the 1290 is the cruise control.

Unfortunately the demo bikes do not have the QS so I have not tried it, on the 2017 GS I rode I was not impressed, I reckon I can change gear quicker without it and it was a bit clunky and shite at lower speeds, certainly would not pay £500 (or whatever it costs) to find out the KTM one is no better....

...if my local dealer gets a used 1290 in with it fitted I might ask for a quick run up the road and back to try it.

What KTM ought to do with all these electronic unlock thingies is allow the dealer to turn them on for a limited period so punters can try before they buy (or chuck them on the demo bikes)

I still love the 1190, only thing I really desire from the 1290 is the cruise control.

Unfortunately the demo bikes do not have the QS so I have not tried it, on the 2017 GS I rode I was not impressed, I reckon I can change gear quicker without it and it was a bit clunky and shite at lower speeds, certainly would not pay £500 (or whatever it costs) to find out the KTM one is no better....

...if my local dealer gets a used 1290 in with it fitted I might ask for a quick run up the road and back to try it.

What KTM ought to do with all these electronic unlock thingies is allow the dealer to turn them on for a limited period so punters can try before they buy (or chuck them on the demo bikes)

How daft. You’d think the dealer would activate every available option on their demo bikes. Is Premier your local dealer?

How daft. You’d think the dealer would activate every available option on their demo bikes. Is Premier your local dealer?

May sound daft, but when you test a BMW they are typically well / fully loaded, or at least the ones at NOG are. Same goes for most cars, if you want one with all the knobs, bells and whistles there is normally a demo you can try, and when looking at £15k+ bikes I would expect to try before I buy.

I was thinking more along the lines of KTM doing a deal on the demo bikes with the dealers, or seeing as they are configured by pressing a button why could they not just unlock them whilst on demo and then take the features away when the bikes are sold on - hardly difficult as there is nothing to fit, just a button to press, plus a few lines of code maybe on the KTM system that does the unlock to allow dealers to add / remove the options.

Back
Top Bottom