Comfort of 1090R compared to GS LC

I don't think the 1090R 1190R 1290R s deprecate any more than a GS.

I’ve just posted up a 2017 1090R with 1,000 miles on that’s £3,000 cheaper then RRP - that’s 25% in 4 months... pretty meaty ..

I don't think the 1090R 1190R 1290R s deprecate any more than a GS.

I’ve just posted up a 2017 1090R with 1,000 miles on that’s £3,000 cheaper then RRP - that’s 25% in 4 months... pretty meaty ..

Post #13..

Here’s a similar age/mileage Rallye, fully loaded..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112841884514

This one has lost 15% of its RRP... compared to 25% on the KTM... ..anyway bored now..

very nice... it is the road version I’m looking at though...tired of spokes too!

So I’m summary it appears the 1090 should be close enough to the gs for my kind of riding with the ergo seat.

Where’s the best place for aftermarket parts? Is there a nippy Norman’s for KTM?
And do all the 1190 stiff for the 1090?

KTM power parts... lots of stuff, not too expensive......

This one is near my house, fly into Southampton from Dublin, I’ll collect you and take you to the dealer....you ride home... easy...

I can view it for you if you want...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803174668938

very nice... it is the road version I’m looking at though...tired of spokes too!

So I’m summary it appears the 1090 should be close enough to the gs for my kind of riding with the ergo seat.

Where’s the best place for aftermarket parts? Is there a nippy Norman’s for KTM?
And do all the 1190 stiff for the 1090?

Is that the one with 150 mikes for 9,500?
Link didn’t work...

That’s very tempting, if I sell my own I’d take you up on it!

I have to pay vrt here within 30 days of import here and it has to have 3,500 miles on it but that’s an excuse to have a big mileage month!

Thanks for that 👍🏻👍🏻

Try this link... yes 151 miles with panniers, running service done, 6 months old.
£9,500.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803174668938

Is that the one with 150 mikes for 9,500?
Link didn’t work...

That’s very tempting, if I sell my own I’d take you up on it!

I have to pay vrt here within 30 days of import here and it has to have 3,500 miles on it but that’s an excuse to have a big mileage month!

Thanks for that

I went in to KTM Dublin last week, he offered me €11,000 for my 13 gs...
I asked for a 1090 with akra, heated grips, and ergo seats with front heated... told him I’d give him 4 with my own and he said he’d get back to me, I didn’t think that was a bad deal...
Saves me on a major service on the gs, the boat and flight to the Uk for a bike from over the pond, a new 18 plate instead of a 17 plate over, and the overall hassle of selling my own private... I must say I’m considering it.

How does your deal compare to this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-1090...526123?hash=item440f7b786b:g:ZYQAAOSwJ8paoQR7

£12495 is around 14170 euros I believe :confused:

very nice... it is the road version I’m looking at though

That is not a 1090R it is the 1090S ;-)

I have one of those and an 1190S, both stock seats are indeed shite, the Ergo ones I bought for the 1190 fit the 1090, AFAIK the 1090 / 1190 / 1290 seats all interchange. The Ergo's are very comfy, the only GS I ever owned was a 2008 model and the stock seat on that was shit as well.

As for depreciation it seems people may be comparing the value of a KTM as private sale / trade in Vs fully franchised dealer sale on the BMW....

...I would say both will lose a lot of money as pushed out the showroom, and a lot less if buying a 1 year old example, I got my 1090S for a bargain as a 1 year old bike in the midst of winter.

Plus I would rather lose ,ore money on a bike I want than less money on one I do not, otherwise I may as well just not buy one at all and save all of my money!

It’s ok, but I will have approx €1,400 registration tax, flights and ferry etc, and I have to service my own before I find a seller... I’d have a new bike here for less...

Apparently, they can be had for as little as £10k otr if you know who to ask? :augie

Thanks for the help here gents and for the very gracious offer of help from a few of you...

Did actually put a deposit on a new 1090 from KTM Dublin though as for a great price. They’re taking the gs as trade in which suits me fine... ordered about €1000 of extras from gear4motorcycles also so really looking forward to the change!!

Ordered comfort seats, heated grips, led indicators, crash bars, rad guard and gps holder... gonna put on a bags connection electric tank bag and order a black wings exhaust... gonna see how the screen fares out first.

Any other recommendations?

Any other recommendations?

Power socket, about £7 for the official KTM one, ask the dealer to fit it for free before you collect the bike as it is a PITA to install (or so I have been told) I also stuck a Centre Stand on my 1090S, but if your going to be riding off-road as opposed to off-tarmac perhaps this is not such a great idea.

I’m actually going to put in a sw Motech electric tank bag I think, but that’s down the line... find it better to have power where you can store something whik charging it! Good suggestion though...
Iv always had centre stands too but I was tight for cash so a rear paddock stand will have to do for the time being!

I’m actually going to put in a sw Motech electric tank bag I think, but that’s down the line... find it better to have power where you can store something whik charging it! Good suggestion though...
Iv always had centre stands too but I was tight for cash so a rear paddock stand will have to do for the time being!

I've got the Genuine KTM Bobbins and Stand Adapter for a paddock stand.... cover my postage costs via Paypal and i'll post em to you.... PM me your address

Back
Top Bottom