RT's are bloody expensive bikes to run

So are you replacing yours then ?
I'm not sure what's the best option. My front brakes still work really well and they've lost .5mm in 37k miles. I'm not sure if I can justify new discs yet until I see actual loss of performance or wear on the disc itself. Brembo replacements are 300 for the pair or bmw charge 238 each disc from what I've seen online. I welcome opinions from more technically minded people than myself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

17,000 miles and the pads on my GSA are less than half worn, I bought replacement pads when I read folk on here changing pads at only 7/8000 miles.

17,000 miles and the pads on my GSA are less than half worn, I bought replacement pads when I read folk on here changing pads at only 7/8000 miles.

Similar for me, 1150GS still on original discs, 3 set of front pads & rear pads after 109k. 1200GSA (Hexhead) still on original pads and discs after 29k. Neither bike has ABS which I'm sure makes a big difference when it comes to pad wear, I'm not particularly heavy on the brakes, use anticipation & engine braking to help keep off the brakes for general slowing down. I find the joy of riding these bikes is their ability to keep a high speed through the bends so less need to brake.

Back
Top Bottom