standing up on footpegs

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Dont know if this is the right place to post this

starting to dabble in some rough terrain and therefore am standing up on the pegs. I am 6 ft 3 inches tall and I feel as if the handlebars are too low for me on the 1150gs when standing up on the pegs (knees bent to grip the tank). I suppose I can either buy handlebar risers or lower the footpegs. I prefer the latter because I think it would make for a lower centre of gravity.

what do you guys recommend??

R.

Also...... keep an Allan key handy so you can tip the handlebars forward.

Be careful on the standard GS, mine used to deck out quite easily compared to the adv.

Bar risers are a must have, and I'm only 5'10"

At 6' 3" lowered pegs would also be beneficial whilst seated.

Came across an old post by Timolgra on lowering the pegs, I thought I’ll give that ago.
Bought a pair of ST 1100 pegs from EBay £20, couple of simple brackets made from 3/16” angle and Bobs yer Uncle!! :beerjug:

Yes I know I’ve not yet replaced the washer and split pin. :rob

Interesting thread. I’m approx 6ft 2in and on my 2016 GS found it quite difficult to maintain a comfortable position whilst standing. Having done the research I came across Simon Pavey’s guide to body positioning and he argues against risers etc and he is 6-4. I have just recently gone to a GSA and the standing position is so much more comfortable. I didn’t think the size differences would be that different.

Interesting thread. I’m approx 6ft 2in and on my 2016 GS found it quite difficult to maintain a comfortable position whilst standing. Having done the research I came across Simon Pavey’s guide to body positioning and he argues against risers etc and he is 6-4. I have just recently gone to a GSA and the standing position is so much more comfortable. I didn’t think the size differences would be that different.

Yes, too high is not good unless you understand where to position your weight..... too little weight up front and a GS will easily wash the front out unless your on the gas entering corner.

The best research is on your bike! :beerjug:

Kneel on the seat.

Arse ache in Marrakesh 12 years ago, didn't you take this pic :D

IMG_0910-XL.jpg

do you have the link to this - just in case Dr Google comes up short??

Having done the research I came across Simon Pavey’s guide to body positioning and he argues against risers etc and he is 6-4. .

Simon Pavey, 6'4" :D

Sure you're not confusing him with 6'3" Nick Plumb........ :D

Back
Top Bottom