Any Irish lads running a KTM 1090 Adv

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents.

Looking at changing the gs for one if these, the road one?
Can’t find one to test ride though or even sit on!!

Anyone out there have any experience of them?

I'd say forget the 1050 - built & restricted for a reason. Either a 1090 or a later model 1190 should suit you. Or even a 1290 SA might be more up your street (the white one with the bigger tank and all the extras.)

I bought a 15/16 1190S (the more road orientated one) unseen from a dealer after owning a 990 Adventure for a few years. The 1190 is very good, although only had 2 short outings on it because of the bad weather, but I think it was a good move. The motor is so, so good.

I think the engine/suspension/brakes are top notch, but there's still a bit of wind buffeting, as on the 990. Fixed with a screen you get on with, but you've got to find it first. The 1290 SA had a much better screen.

Best of luck.

D.

it's a long spin but McCallens should have a demo?

Thanks for that lads...

Was only thinking about the 1050 just to compare size/weight etc, I’m thinking about the 1090 new...

Might just take a shot in the dark... trading a 132 1200GS which is a great bike and that’s my only worry

My mate in Dublin just took delivery of a new 1090 from Overlanders in Wexford. He loves it. Wexford is closer than the north :augie

I got onto them... they have a 1090R for demo, at least it would give me a good idea I suppose!

Told them what I had and they said they’d get Gary to call me back, that’s 3 days ago...
Would you get a better deal from Overlanders than KTM in M50 Honda?

I got onto them... they have a 1090R for demo, at least it would give me a good idea I suppose!

Told them what I had and they said they’d get Gary to call me back, that’s 3 days ago...
Would you get a better deal from Overlanders than KTM in M50 Honda?

Based on my experience with them you will get a better deal. The lack of a return call is a PITA but you need to tell them its a serious call by you.

Based on my experience with them you will get a better deal. The lack of a return call is a PITA but you need to tell them its a serious call by you.

Really?? I don’t think I should have to tell them I’m serious at all... I have a 13 gs and 5 grand to play with and they don’t call back?

In September 2015 I had 19,500 cash to play with from an insurance pay out when my new GS was stolen.. I went down , tested a 1290 SA, and told them to call me back with best price.

Phoned to ask again, still no price... so I bought another GS.

Shocking service and costing them 2 new bike sales from me alone.
And they know me! Iv used them to ship bikes to Europe...

Just an update... no phone call back from overlanders (AMI).

Also yesterday phoned KTM Dublin to put a deposit on a new 1090... left a message. Guess what? That never phoned back either and for some insane reason they don’t open on Saturdays (M50 Honda) 🙄

Just messaged my mate. He says gary who looks after sales is a weak link. Shame really, but it appears KTM M50 still don't do good service either.

Our sincere apologies for the delayed call back Rory. The last week has been extremely busy for us. We have been working on a price for trading your bike and we have been checking the availability of the 1090. As we don’t stock them we need to be sure of availability date.

Separately we do not feel this is the correct place for this discussion and so will call Monday morning if that suits.

Kind Regards, AMI

Our sincere apologies for the delayed call back Rory. The last week has been extremely busy for us. We have been working on a price for trading your bike and we have been checking the availability of the 1090. As we don’t stock them we need to be sure of availability date.

Separately we do not feel this is the correct place for this discussion and so will call Monday morning if that suits.

Kind Regards, AMI

Strange that :augie the OP couldn't get a reply then David finds the thread :D:D:D

Im telling ye lads, it’s hard to sell a bike in Ireland...

But it’s even harder to buy one!!!

Just messaged my mate. He says gary who looks after sales is a weak link. Shame really, but it appears KTM M50 still don't do good service either.

Just on that... I don’t know Gary and didn’t want to single him out. Iv heard he is a very capable lad. I don’t think “weak link” is a fair comment...
the is an issue with AMI and KTM Dublin with calling people back and on David’s info above maybe they need more staff...??

Just a shame from a customers point of view. Iv had dealers from the UK ringing me for the last 2 weeks trying get me over to buy a bike there which I don’t want to do.

I would like to spend my money here.

A bit of a poor excuse IMHO.
If a dealer can't be bothered/is too busy to make a 30 second courtesy call to someone willing to spend a large amount of cash on a bike (or anything else for that matter) is very poor.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

A bit of a poor excuse IMHO.
If a dealer can't be bothered/is too busy to make a 30 second courtesy call to someone willing to spend a large amount of cash on a bike (or anything else for that matter) is very poor.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Agreed. If dealers don't want to be mentioned online then provide good service. It's the world we live in now and I'm sure dealers welcome good feedback online...true? So simple to make a couple of calls to keep plates spinning.

My oul boy has a 1290 SA . Awesome bike. Handles really well . The power is a bit much though. I found it blisteringly fast. For an upright position that is. I would end up behind bars in 1 week with it..

But you can dial it down via the computer. ..

Just an update... AMI phoned back on Monday. Apologised as they were up the walls the week before and I take there word for it so no hard feelings!
They were very thorough with prices etc but unfortunately we didn’t come to a deal...

Ended up putting a deposit with KTM Dublin for the 1090 and also ordered about €1000 of accessories from the PowerParts catalogue online.

Agree that the 1290 was just a bit too much too, I’m looking forward to the simplicity of the 1090...
Although, not sure when riding modes, traction control, abs and heated seats became simple..??!!

What a world we live in!!

Back
Top Bottom