Carol Nash to Bennetts after 4 years with Carol Nash

Billd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this put wanted to share my recent insurance renewal experience .

I've insured through CN for the last 4 years. This year I got an online comparative quote for, new to me, 2006 BMW R1200S. Phoned C N and gave them all bike details and insurance coverage details I wanted. They came back with £187.00 best they could do. Told them the same coverage from Bennett's was £115.96. Agent went away to speak to his supervisor and came back with "I have great news, we can match it!" I said unless they could beat it by £20.00 I was going to go with Bennett's. The agent asked why I expected that, explained that CN was treating me with no respect after being a client for 4 years, Bennett's doesn't know me from Adam so I have insured through them this year.

Sorry to ramble on about this but I think we, the end users, need to share information like this to try and keep the insurance business competitive and not so willing to try and pick our pockets.

Sorry to disapoint you. Insurance companies do NOT give a shit for their customers. It's a self regulating mafia. Government do not care as they are just happy collecting the tax.
I only have 1 bike as everytime I look into buying another and try to get insurance it just blows my mind.

Carole Nash are a bunch of thieving pricks - you are well-shot of them.

Tried to increase my policy due to change of postcode.
Asked them to provide a written statement to that effect from the underwriter, as all other insurance went down.
Said they would, but didn't
Asked them again - said they would , but didn't

after a couple of weeks - Told them they had failed to deliver the statement. They finally admitted that it was a £50 REDUCTION, not increase.

Missed one of my bikes out of my multi bike policy (the principle bike) - when they finally admitted they had fcuked up, found that the original underwriter wouldn't insure that bike. "We are looking for an alternative underwriter, but don't worry. - you are still insured!" Mmmmmm..... Not sure I would have liked to put that to the test.

Al

Bennets have just sent my GS renewal through

a 38% increase say what!

Even BMW can do it for almost 50% less than the new quote ...

they dont give a fig about customer loyalty lol

You guys wanna see the premiums in london! Even with max no claims and a clean licence, parked off road it's still eye watering!

I've not tried bmw...yet.

CN fleeced me some years back, swore I'd never go back...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Each time I renew it is back and forward between the two, I too questioned each company why not give me a better price to save the hassle of me constantly swapping. Neither can do it so it just continues.

Insurance is a funny old game, I'm with Carole Nash and have been for about 8 years, I have a multi bike policy with 4 bikes on it, all fully comp (obviously) all with European breakdown cover etc etc.

My policy is £190 per year. When the renewal comes through, it's about £190 every year ..... they never take the piss.

Ok I live in a sleepy village in Kent and I have 15+ years no claims but at that price for the cover provided it's not worth trying to find it cheaper, it's £47.50 per year per bike, one of which is a KTM 950 Adventure which we all know is the best bike in the world :D

I am very handsome though ... perhaps that helps :aidan

Brother in law went to insure his new to him 2004 Aprilia Caponord (he has a had a break from bikes for 5 or 6 years but is pushing 60), C.N quoted £600 plus, Bemoto never answered the phone (rang 10 times) and Bennets were the only one that quoted him less than £200

Is got to be simply down to post code. NCD send to count for little. ..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bennetts last year for a 2010 1200gs and wr450f £205.......this year £276.
Needless to say I will be calling Carol Nash who will most likely beat it....go figure.

The GS broke down in central Sweden last year (dreaded fuel pump controller) and Carole Nash was awesome in helping me out. Europe breakdown cover was on the CN policy but was delivered by AXA via the Swedish office. It seemed that all Sweden was on holiday, especially anyone dealing with roadside recovery, Motorrad repairs and breakdown management. AXA was worse than useless. I contacted CN via Facebook (well, a bit of a moan really) and they were awesome. They chased AXA and sorted them out whilst keeping me informed. We were stuck for 6 days before being flown home whilst the bike was repatriated. Can't speak highly enough of the Carole Nash customer service and as long as their premium renewal is close to other quotes I'll stick with them as it's not all about price.

I now carry a FPC bypass lead - just in case lightning strikes twice!!

Same here from Bennets and a disgusting customer experience with them. I will never insure with them again!

Back
Top Bottom