Maps updated with no sd card

wreck diver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hands up I know little to nowt about computers!
Apologies for a numpty question :D
So I recently had a very kind BMW dealer update my Nav 5.

You know what's coming next:blast

Just went to put a few addresses in ready for a trip to Europe in May.
Oops no Luxembourg of Germany.
I then twigged no sd card maybe. Yep no card in my unit.

What size card to I need to get? I don't store music just use it for navigation.

Is it then just a case of slotting the card in and getting the dealer to re update the maps?

Thanks in advance.

8gb is plenty, if you have a friend who has a computer, ask him to install Garmin Express, then he will plug in your Nav5 and install full maps, if you want a bit more memory, 32gb is plenty and cheap enough, you just unscrew the back of the Nav5 and install the card, no use buying any bigger.

Thanks
So I'll get a card tomorrow,SD XC,do they come ready FAT 32 formatted? What is FAT 32 anyway?
I couldn't believe it when i found the Euro maps had disappeared,thought it was some Brexit stunt!
I knew there was a good reason why I have never updated stuff before!:blast

Thanks
So I'll get a card tomorrow,SD XC,do they come ready FAT 32 formatted? What is FAT 32 anyway?
I couldn't believe it when i found the Euro maps had disappeared,thought it was some Brexit stunt!
I knew there was a good reason why I have never updated stuff before!:blast

No worries yes up to 32gb is FAT 32 formatted, and once you or a friend installs Garmin express all will update easily, little video below shows where to install Micro sdcard

Back
Top Bottom