Fitting Denali DM running lights

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help!!

Just in the process of fitting Demali DM running lights and wondering what to use as a switched live? Can use the power point take off but then you have to remember to turn the running lights off. Anyone fitted any?

Cheers

Help!!

Just in the process of fitting Demali DM running lights and wondering what to use as a switched live? Can use the power point take off but then you have to remember to turn the running lights off. Anyone fitted any?

Cheers

Maybe not the answer to your question, but buy the Denali Cansmart controller and you will find life easier.......

The DIN is a live even with ignition on ( I think!!),trying to avoid £200 plus for a controller, we only want to turn the lights on and off with the bikes lights.

Just use a relay and a Wago snap conection unit.. only a few £

Post on here about it somewhere...

The Denali's are all relayed up, all we need is the light switching feed. Re the switch eliminator what does it plug into, the bike and where? I assume that few people fit the Denali set up to their Lc gs's.

Sorry I have idea, I just got the lights and the Controller it was all just plug and play, that was the reason I done it that way.

The DIN is a live even with ignition on ( I think!!),trying to avoid £200 plus for a controller, we only want to turn the lights on and off with the bikes lights.

Have you checked it? It may stay powered up for 30 secs or so after ignition off. I could live that. Sort of cool, get off bike, walk away and the spots turn off just as you get to the front door. :cool:

Good point waited until the ignition turned itself off and then thought bugger, will wait longer and see!

Live trigger wire was taken from the back light - Grey & Red with yellow flashes, under the back seat. Have a look at my thread, pictures as well

Search ‘fitting Denali lights....’ if I could work out how to post a link to it I would!

Thats great, can I assume (eek) that the wiring on the 18 bike is the same?

Never thought that if I manage to connect them, there is a chance that the canbus system wont recognise whats going on an have a hissy fit! Thought I may be able to pick up signal wire from control module to rear lights. Will try smogbobs route, will keep you posted as if there is a way of avoiding another £250 bill for an hexcan or similar its worth finding it.

Have you checked it? It may stay powered up for 30 secs or so after ignition off. I could live that. Sort of cool, get off bike, walk away and the spots turn off just as you get to the front door. :cool:

Din socket stays on for a minute or two after ignition is switched off.

There is a plug and play accessory wire available from BMW which plugs into the back of the din plug. Simply disconnect the din plug and connect the accessory wire in-line. The plugs/ connectors are a perfect match for the ones to/ from the din plug.
Its only a couple of inches long but has a splitter wire ( live and neutral) which can then be used to provide the trigger to the relay. Saves you cutting or tapping into the bike's loom and is removable leaving no trace or damaged wires.

Sorry, I don't have a part number--- I suspect it's a fairly generic( within BMW) splitter wire used for all-sorts of applications.

Sorted Carlosfandngo was correct use the grey red yellow to rear light as a trigger. Looks like if you are only fitting day time riding lights this is the way to go, saves the £250 for Hexcan etc.

Thanks all for advice. :D

Denali DM

I like the look of the Denali DMs - the ones that fit just below the headlamp - how good are they ?

Back
Top Bottom