Bmw software SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANXC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to bmw to pick arrange pick up bike this weekend was told can't have it due to a safety issue.
Something to do with the SOS and the brains of the bike
It's brand new just come from the factory bmw put a stop on it when the shop put it on the system.
Anybody else have this

And that is why I bought a Basic without the electronic toys (more sh*t to go wrong, it doesn't bode well if they can't get it right out of the factory or pick it up in the UK PDI facility)

Finally, someone else on stop. They say 28th for software update and 29th for delivery. I don’t believe them based on my experience of waiting for software updates on BMW cars.

I sympathise, but would you rather they let you ride off on a bike with potential safety flaws in the software? They've discovered and issue and taken appropriate precautions, surely? Disappointing, but responsible.

As for the "more to go wrong" thing, each to his own, but progress marches on and you're missing some good stuff whilst you're still searching for a car with wind up windows!

And that is why I bought a Basic without the electronic toys (more sh*t to go wrong, it doesn't bode well if they can't get it right out of the factory or pick it up in the UK PDI facility)

That's helpful advise!

Let's all embrace the past and bimble around on second hand old airheads that never go wrong.

Guinea pigs are needed so we can buy them later with all the problems ironed out, tis why I done like Neil and bought a 2017 May built model that cannot have TFT "why did I do that :blast" I could have bought a September 2017 model and had the joy to upgrade to TFT a few years down the line if I had wished so, but obviously snake oil salesmen do not let you know that when you buy the bike, so my next ride is a ZUNDAP, more seriously be patient lads better to be safe than sorry and then breakdown somewhere not nice. :beerjug:

It's probably just that the SOS call thing ain't working. so in an accident it cant be relied upon as one might expect - doubt that the bike is actually dangerous. My Rallye TE was delivered on Wednesday all the toys except SOS - been riding it with no problem, like many other recently delivered bikes.

P.S. The new 2018 bike is superb - smoother engine, transmission, fab suspension, hill hold and the TFT display is a lovely looking thing compared to the old display - not essential but is nice to use.

What he said :rob

Same issue with my Rallye, SOS not working since I picked it up in December although I've never been told that it would be "dangerous" to ride it. Dealer doesn't know if the software update will resolve this or not.

I believe that there was a reported issue with new BMW owners/drivers accidentally calling the SOS/999 emergency services due to some sort of software fault. So i assume that the emergency services have told to sort it out before selling more cars and generating more false calls

It's probably just that the SOS call thing ain't working. so in an accident it cant be relied upon as one might expect - doubt that the bike is actually dangerous. My Rallye TE was delivered on Wednesday all the toys except SOS - been riding it with no problem, like many other recently delivered bikes.

P.S. The new 2018 bike is superb - smoother engine, transmission, fab suspension, hill hold and the TFT display is a lovely looking thing compared to the old display - not essential but is nice to use.

TFT display is a lovely looking thing compared to the old display - and no use if you have NAV 6

Fixed a little

That's helpful advise!

Let's all embrace the past and bimble around on second hand old airheads that never go wrong.

Too true!
Feck it, I think I'll buy a push bike instead, even less to go wrong ;)

I have a Nav 5 :D

Anyway not interested in all that connectivity crap, phones, music, sat nav - all that shit is for people who should stick to cars not bikes :D

Use Nav 6 for digital speedo and engine temp and tyre pressure, saves me looking down, and the Nav stuff only when I get lost, as I like to get lost on my bike.............

Use Nav 6 for digital speedo and engine temp and tyre pressure, saves me looking down, and the Nav stuff only when I get lost, as I like to get lost on my bike.............

My Nav 5 does all of that stuff and has done for years - don't see how the TFT comes into it?

That sounds good, I'm just about to take my spankers new bike out, 20 minutes to get clobbered up, zero miles on the clock at the moment, really looking forward to it. Off to Seaways biker cafe, near Wetwang, East Yorks. :aidan

That sounds good, I'm just about to take my spankers new bike out, 20 minutes to get clobbered up, zero miles on the clock at the moment, really looking forward to it. Off to Seaways biker cafe, near Wetwang, East Yorks. :aidan

cafe latte is the way forward...............do not touch SOS button if coffee is to hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom