Finding an address

scorp888

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm missing something daft.

Why does almost every time I try and use basecamp to find an address it can't.

So for example.

HOTEL DE LA POSTE,PLACE ST.-ARNOULD 1, B-6830 BOUILLON ARDENNES

Using :Map, city navigator 2018.3

Issue 1

Goto find, find address or ctrl alt a for windows users.

Street - PLACE ST-ARNOULD
City BOUILLON
Postal Code B683

Finds me somewhere in france.

Add a 1 to the number,

Finds it in belgium.

Issue 2.

If I just paste HOTEL DE LA POSTE,PLACE ST.-ARNOULD 1, B-6830 BOUILLON ARDENNES

Into the general seach, only hotels in France.

But When I look at the map, 2 poi are there, Hotel del la poste and de las poste

So why hasn't it found those?

Can you try rewriting that please, as it makes little to no sense.

If you have two questions, one involving your iPhone’s interaction with your GPS device and the second about the search funtion within BaseCamp, please create separate posts.

Thanks.

Can you try rewriting that please, as it makes little to no sense.

If you have two questions, one involving your iPhone’s interaction with your GPS device and the second about the search funtion within BaseCamp, please create separate posts.

Thanks.

I've removed the part about the android phone (not sure where you got iphone from) if that confuses.

If I just paste HOTEL DE LA POSTE,PLACE ST.-ARNOULD 1, B-6830 BOUILLON ARDENNES

Just click on the spyglass (no content in the box), gives you:

srch1.JPG

Click on the advanced tab of the address section, gives you:

srch.JPG

click on the round arrow if not shown first time.

Finds it aok.

I'm not sure it's a full answer, but I agree that BaseCamp's 'address' features are poor. On several occasions when planning tour routes I have been unable to get it to find a relatively simple address and have had to rely on Google maps to compare BaseCamp maps side-by-side to locate a hotel etc. Really shouldn't be that hard and I consider myself an advanced IT user and programmer

I have never searched for a hotel using an address.

Better off searching on google maps to find exactly where it is located. Reference it with any hotel website photos and look in street view (if possible) on google maps to eyeball its the same hotel.

Then note where it is and zoom right in on to the same streets using basecamp generally the hotel will have its own waypoint as you get right in, if it doesn't create one right outside the door.

Cheers guys, glad to hear I'm not missing some trick to make it easier. I guess google maps spoils us.

My frustration is also that on the phone app, you can look it up in google, and then transfer it to the nav unit. Why on earth they don't build that into base camp I don't know. Would make route planning so much easier.

I find Basecamp's "Find" feature to be useless. As others have said, find the point on Google Maps then you'll be able to locate it on Basecamp.

Find on Google maps
Right click on location
Cick on "What's here"
Box comes up with coordinates at bottom of screen
Copy and then paste them into Basecamp..Find....Locate Coordinates
Basecamp goes straight to location

Back
Top Bottom