DCT...would you ?

I liked it on the CT but rode a couple of the new Goldwings last week and they had a bit of a clunking back lash thing going on when i shut the throttle.
More noticeable in sports mode.
I only rode them for an hour so no expert opinion.

Thread creep.

Did you like the new Wing ? I’m tempted !

I have a dct Africa twin and mostly prefer it , the only time I miss a clutch is very slow speed maneuvers and certain occasions off road . But I expect it’s a case of learning new techniques. On the open road it’s brilliant

I have a dct Africa twin and mostly prefer it , the only time I miss a clutch is very slow speed maneuvers and certain occasions off road . But I expect it’s a case of learning new techniques. On the open road it’s brilliant
Slow manoeuvres on the x is insane just feather the rear brake and throttle

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I never had any problems with slow stuff on the Crosstourer, found it feathered the clutch very nicely

Slow manoeuvres on the x is insane just feather the rear brake and throttle

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes I can understand that and moving the rear brake to the handle bars is something I’m very interested in. When doing a uturn to the rightfor instance you can’t use the rear as your right foot is down an using the front upsets the balance of the bike.

I never had any problems with slow stuff on the Crosstourer, found it feathered the clutch very nicely

I expect your more used to it than me on the road , not being able to cut the drive with a partial throttle opening is what i miss and it drops into first to early from second at junctions when I’d rather stay in the higher gear and slip the clutch a little if that makes sense. Off road when you need to launch the front across an obstacle etc a clutch would be nice.
BUT don’t get me wrong this is my second dct AT and definitely prefer it :thumb2

It’s totally unique there’s nothing quite like it . :clap it’s good at everything and is still a brilliant trail bike which is a big priority for me.

I like my Africa Twin DCT.

I'd LOVE a R1200GSA DCT.

Picked my ATAS dct up today :bounce1:D after a long wait, it’s absolutely superb, dct is a no brainer for the road, enjoyable and relaxing in auto and quite engaging in sport mode and manual, all depends in your mood. (Offroad with a bit of practice it would be great too).

I have to agree on the rear brake, a left handlebar rear brake would be great, I test rode an x-adv last year, which has the handlebar rear brake, means you can lightly apply the rear whilst using the throttle and do whatever you want/need to with your feet. Also means if your backing up on a slope to park or whatever, you can paddle with your feet whilst using both brakes if needed. I may look into doing this and fitting the cross tourer hand brake onto the bars, which would be a neat solution.

Attachments

• EB11D4DD-971B-415F-B138-897D13DF6D1E.jpg
    EB11D4DD-971B-415F-B138-897D13DF6D1E.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 390
Probably because blinkered idiots like Engineer are too busy applying ACF50 to their latest inspired purchase to notice this thread.

No, he’s glued to the BBC website looking for negative news which is blamed on Brexit.

Whilst I’m a big fan of automatic cars, I’m not on motorcycles.

I didn’t like the BMW GSAP when it first came out, but it worked a treat on the Ducati, so I would consider GSAP next time.

The AT looks the part, but I’m not sure it’s weather protection is quite in the same league as the GSA, but happy to give it a whirl.

Picked my ATAS dct up today :bounce1:D after a long wait, it’s absolutely superb, dct is a no brainer for the road, enjoyable and relaxing in auto and quite engaging in sport mode and manual, all depends in your mood. (Offroad with a bit of practice it would be great too).

I have to agree on the rear brake, a left handlebar rear brake would be great, I test rode an x-adv last year, which has the handlebar rear brake, means you can lightly apply the rear whilst using the throttle and do whatever you want/need to with your feet. Also means if your backing up on a slope to park or whatever, you can paddle with your feet whilst using both brakes if needed. I may look into doing this and fitting the cross tourer hand brake onto the bars, which would be a neat solution.

Those panniers are hideous though, really spoil a beautiful looking bike.

Did you try applying the handbrake lightly at slow speed though you would have to watch the latch doesnt engage?

I have the DCT VFR1200X, wouldn't have it any other way! :)

I had a 2012 Crosstourer DCT, one of the early iterations of the system and it was already brilliant, the newer versions should be even better

Given the choice in my opinion it’s a no brainer too, DCT is the dogs

as about, its brilliant, hardly take my GS out since buying the Africa Twin

:agree

Had a manual CT for three years, chopped it in for a DCT version last year and I love it, wouldn’t consider going back now.

Well I'm with you guys ....:thumb2

And as much as I love my Crosstourer I really do lust after that new AT Adv :drool
I'd love to buy one but it just doesn't seem sensible though to have to find £6k or more to buy a bike that's a lot slower , is chain drive and less well built than my CT with less kit on it :(

Enjoy your new bike whichever way you go :thumb2

I have the standard AT but DCT. Love it. Not sure whether I'd pay £1k more for it on a new ATAS though (I'm one of the ones who got the Banks deal :beerjug: )
I'd have to ride both and then decide.

Only reason I have a DCT Africa Twin is it was priced right (used) on the dealer's floor, if buying new I would have gone with the traditional 6-speed manual. How things have changed, after living with it I find myself loving the DCT. Yes it can be put in manual to paddle shift but it works so well in auto mode S1 that's where I leave it. On occasion I'll toggle it up or down a gear but not that often.
I really like how easy it is to ride on bad dirt/gravel roads, just leave it in S1 but turn traction control off, or at least down to it's least interfering setting, stand up on the pegs and go without having to worry about clutching or prodding up the shifter, or about it ever stalling!

I have the standard AT but DCT. Love it. Not sure whether I'd pay £1k more for it on a new ATAS though (I'm one of the ones who got the Banks deal :beerjug: )
I'd have to ride both and then decide.

That's part of my problem with buying new too. I would definitely want DCT but they are a grand extra than a manual and yet a year down the line the are both worth pretty much the same. :nenau

I really am having a serious debate with myself about buying the ATAS. Power means nothing to me, been there done that with litre sports bikes. The GS is too much bike for me cause all I want to do is thrash it, so the AT just feels perfect, perfect for all I want to do, small narrow roads, or fast twisties it'll do both where I didn't think the GS was great on tight slow narrow roads. As for the DCT being deaer, ye an extra grand is a bit steep but it is what it is and if I do buy one it'd have to be the DCT.

Back
Top Bottom