DCT...would you ?

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Had a demo of the new AT ADV Sports today in DCT, I was very impressed :rolleyes: and I'm seriously considering chopping the GS in for one but not sure whether I'd go for the DCT or not, anyone car to offer their opinion on it ??

Had a demo of the new AT ADV Sports today in DCT, I was very impressed :rolleyes: and I'm seriously considering chopping the GS in for one but not sure whether I'd go for the DCT or not, anyone car to offer their opinion on it ??

No brainier the x has a refined dct the latest Honda offering I don’t even notice it changing gear it’s so smooth, acceleration seem less and you can still down shift in any mode with the paddles. Plus excellent mpg road presence and storage I have the 2010 gs and if I had to choose just one trinket the Honda it would be...but that’s my opinion

I have a 66 plate GSA and a 17 plate AT with DCT :) i LOVE my gsa but at present due to a hip/leg problem can only ride for an hour and then have to stop for 5 mins and walk a bit then ok for another 45 mins. So brought a AT DCT, love the DCT, i use in auto S2 for around town and put it in manual and use the paddles when blatting about, really nice and easy.

I have the DCT VFR1200X, wouldn't have it any other way! :)

I had a 2012 Crosstourer DCT, one of the early iterations of the system and it was already brilliant, the newer versions should be even better

Given the choice in my opinion it’s a no brainer too, DCT is the dogs

as about, its brilliant, hardly take my GS out since buying the Africa Twin

I had it on a Crosstourer and it was fine. I got bored though. Changing gear is fun!

Tried an AT recently also and it was equally as dull.

I'd have the DCT without question.

I had always dismissed automatic cars until I borrowed one and since then have had nothings else.

I liked it on the CT but rode a couple of the new Goldwings last week and they had a bit of a clunking back lash thing going on when i shut the throttle.
More noticeable in sports mode.
I only rode them for an hour so no expert opinion.

I’m amazed I thought there would be more nay sayers re the dct as bikers have testosterone in abundance and automatic I thought would be frowned upon however the reworded dct seems to be acceptable I love mine, I still ride the gs I love that to the spontaneous overtakes and instant oddles of grunt makes opportunist overtakes easier especially riding with advanced riders making safe progress. The x adv is capable but more planning is required, it just takes some adjusting. I do find when riding the gs it’s a little bit of a faff constantly stirring gears on our ever increasing congested policed roads...

I’m amazed I thought there would be more nay sayers re the dct as bikers have testosterone in abundance and automatic I thought would be frowned upon however the reworded dct seems to be acceptable I love mine, I still ride the gs I love that to the spontaneous overtakes and instant oddles of grunt makes opportunist overtakes easier especially riding with advanced riders making safe progress. The x adv is capable but more planning is required, it just takes some adjusting. I do find when riding the gs it’s a little bit of a faff constantly stirring gears on our ever increasing congested policed roads...

Probably because blinkered idiots like Engineer are too busy applying ACF50 to their latest inspired purchase to notice this thread.

Back
Top Bottom