New user registering to report a stolen bike

Van Ellis

Reaction score
Hello all

DONT SHOOT ME, THIS MAY BE IN THE WRONG THREAD, I NEEDED A STOLEN BIKE AREA!

I am new to GS ownership and have been watching from the comfort of my ipad/iphone for a while, but today I have registered for one important reason!, While on duty today and driving along in our fire engine through the joys of FELTHAM west London, I noticed a group of three bikes coming the other way, a white 1200GS and two black scooters, I asked my driver to turn around as it felt wrong and I suspected that the GS was stolen and being pushed by the inside scooter.
So we turned around and saw the same two scooters with three lads, black coats, black ski masks and black lids, and behold, around the next corner was the lovely 16 plate GS, parked up next to a brand new old folks home.
Anyway the police were informed, and because we were on duty they took the call seriously, and assigned a unit. We unfortunately had to leave the scene to make a house call but it was still there an hour later. I suspect the scum had parked it up to see if it gained a tracker attention overnight, the pillion pad was loose and one of my guys had a look with gloves on to see the alarm system had be surgically removed.

If you know whose bike it is please give them a shout, I suspect the thieves may not have pushed it very far as we know, GSs aint light.

REG NUMBER;HK16 UJX
POLICE CAD NUMBER; 4421/26 MAR

apart from the wiring issue, there seamed little if any other damage. hope this helps someone

Top man Thanks for posting
Meanwhile in Nottingham the Blood Bike fully marked up hi viz BMW RT was stolen :eek:

Good shout duty done, hope the owner sees this post, or someone knows the bike, Does Wapping not have a white GS.

Thanks for the positive response people. I had a ride by at 20:00 after my day shift, bike still there, no apparent police presence but then my mate in the police has said that in our borough there’s little if any budget or time for vehicle crime!, sad times we live in.
I was told today that the GS is London’s most popular nicked bike!, just how true that is, I know not.

Is there a stolen vehicle section on the forum?

I had a ride by at 20:00 after my day shift, bike still there, no apparent police presence but then my mate in the police has said that in our borough there’s little if any budget or time for vehicle crime!, sad times we live in.

Maybe they don't have the time or resources to do much, but they have the reg No and location of the bike so it shouldn't be beyond them to let the owner know so he can get it himself, should it? The police doing nothing only makes the issue worse.

Good of you to do your bit Van Ellis!

If it was illegally parked and causing an obstruction it would have been trailed away. Why dont they do that? At least a bikemates £15K steed would be a bit safer in a Police pound than left on a high street.

Maybe they don't have the time or resources to do much, but they have the reg No and location of the bike so it shouldn't be beyond them to let the owner know so he can get it himself, should it?

It beggars belief that the Police wouldn't do just exactly that !

It beggars belief that you seem to think they haven't ...

It beggars belief that the Police wouldn't do just exactly that !

It actually beggars believe that in this day and age people don't realise parking offences and regulations were decriminalised years ago.

Parking offences are nothing to do with the police.

However, to prevent a further crime taking place, they clearly should be contacting the owner. It's actually less work for them overall.

Still there this evening, so I’ve asked police for an update. Been told that if the owner has reported it stolen they should be informed of its current whereabouts and then it’s up to owner and owners insurance to arrange collection.
I certainly won’t be as casual parking mine up thinking that the sheer weight would put a group of thieves off nicking it.

Is there any way of making this more public on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram etc Will that attract the owner or just more thieves who could go and move it?

Back
Top Bottom