Anyone Familiar With The Law Regarding Private Clampers?

Bottom line, without proof that it was me that removed the clamp, how can they a) accuse me of it, and b) claim to be legitimately allowed to take my car?

Without proof I murdered someone, how can I be imprisoned?

Innocent until proven guilty is surely what should override all here.

So how the fuck can they go about creating the fear and anxiety as they are?

Why are they allowed?

Bottom line, without proof that it was me that removed the clamp, how can they a) accuse me of it, and b) claim to be legitimately allowed to take my car?

Without proof I murdered someone, how can I be imprisoned?

Innocent until proven guilty is surely what should override all here.

So how the fuck can they go about creating the fear and anxiety as they are?

Why are they allowed?

double edged sword, can you prove you didn't remove the clamp...?

as for murder it can be established in law based on probability, and folks do go to jail for it....

as for why are they allowed to do as they do, simple really cos nobody stops'em.... I'd send them a letter asking for confirmation the fine was paid, you could say you gave the clamper cash.... and where told a recipe would be sent to you... let them prove you didn't... :)

as for murder it can be established in law based on probability, and folks do go to jail for it....

as for why are they allowed to do as they do, simple really cos nobody stops'em.... I'd send them a letter asking for confirmation the fine was paid, you could say you gave the clamper cash.... and where told a recipe would be sent to you... let them prove you didn't... :)

He dosent have to prove that he didn’t remove clamp. He who alleges must prove. The other side may remain silent. JJH

yup burn'em out... as for murdering people it's best done at sea I guess...

He dosent have to prove that he didn’t remove clamp. He who alleges must prove. The other side may remain silent. JJH

That's the crux of this for me.

I'd hope that that's also the crux in law - they shouldn't be allowed to touch my car based on an unproved accusation / assertion / assumption. Who did remove the clamp is irrelevant - that I didn't is what matters.

In the absence of proof that I removed the clamp, they should just fuck off and leave me alone. Surely this amounts to harassment or something?

Horse-poo. Criminal law requires proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Civil law is decided on the balance of probability.

If the clampers are alleging he removed the clamp, they must provide evidence to support that that will hold up to the criminal law burden of proof.

If this ever ends up in court, evidence of the conversation between Phaedrus and the clamper will ensure it gets thrown out tout suite I reckon...

Just be careful there. Don’t focus to much on him remouveing the clamp. It is also open to them to try to prove that he had it removed on his behalf. The plot thickens. JJH

just burn'em out and be done with it...

#fucksakecan'tbelievethisthreadisstillgoingon

going to the pub

:beer:

Bye the way anyone saying that they will come back at the dead of night is acting in a threatening maner

That. He doesn't have to actually threaten you for you to feel threatened
And with you being of a nervous disposition & all ;)
I'd say you're not eating or sleeping properly after that confrontation

Now tell that to the Private Security Authority who license them and who WILL write to them & ask them to explain themselves. They might even get a formal warning which would definitely make you & your car more trouble than you're worth
http://psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/Pages/contact_us

Probley the most sensible piece of advice here. Why would anyone acting within the law make such threats? JJH

Back
Top Bottom