Anyone updated to 133.30?

Don't have the update :nenau

Andres

Cannot feel any difference on mine since it was done but update also sorts out some other things like the sensitivity of the light sensor in the dash and gives you Navigation for free on the dash (if you want it).

Just collected bike from dealer. I had a loan 1090 and it only took about 15mtrs to appreciate the 1290 difference....whole bike feels different, from the fueling to suspension. Better different. Software 33.30.

Now, does the bike go differently? It has MSR now and I imagine the mapping must be different to include that. I need another ride but without wishing to ignite a debate, I think it rides differently. It still feels fast, but perhaps has lost some urgency. Anyway, I won't mention this on an international forum just in case I'm wrong. :D A good ride to Hilltop may be more revealing.

Also the options Nick had paid for have been installed:

MSR - Love it! Makes the bike massively smoother rolling off throttle, great! As far as I can tell there's no option to adjust this though and it's nice on a back road when pressing on to have lots of engine braking and much of this has gone. I believe it holds the butterflies open a little, in a controlled way obviously.

Hill hold - When set to 'ON' in the menu it works in the background without any input from the rider. No need to pull on the brake lever to activate it, it just knows you've stopped on a hill. That's the theory so i'll see how that goes. Dealer told me the 'hold' is 3 seconds only, so one to watch if that's right or it could surprise you.

My Ride - well, not too fussed about this as have a nav. I'll have a play. 90% of my rides aren't go-to rides but wandering about, sometimes using The Force to work out where I am. May be useful one day. Don't listen to music since rolling my brothers car over two weeks after passing my test whilst listening to 'My mum's got a washing machine' up loud (5 points if you can name that tune) when I was 17.

.............. listening to 'My mum's got a washing machine' up loud (5 points if you can name that tune) when I was 17.

Any excuse :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yao_T2adl14" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yao_T2adl14" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

Not now idiot....I'm driving!! :blast

Brilliant :D I forgot how much fun we used to have watching people being electrocuted :rob

I had a chat with my dealer today, and they are going to point the folk at KTM to the threads on AdvRider. Mark @ Hilltop has confirmed that it won’t affect my bike, and is happy for me to pop in one day for another dyno run, after it’s done, to see if anything has been affected.

I had a chat with my dealer today, and they are going to point the folk at KTM to the threads on AdvRider. Mark @ Hilltop has confirmed that it won’t affect my bike, and is happy for me to pop in one day for another dyno run, after it’s done, to see if anything has been affected.

Did you post before and after maps on here? Seem to remember some discussion a while back. Make a good comparison.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yao_T2adl14" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Andres
Glastonbury 07/7/77. Eighth of Leb from the Hawkwind bus.
Those were the days.

But back (vaguely) on topic - mine's only got 200 miles on it so I dream of a 10K limit.

I already read that, but I'm not sure I have full confidence in the guy. Lots of debate on the KTM forum about it. General consensus seemed to be that it would be OK for racing engines (where longevity isn't an issue), but maybe not for a keeper.

Who knows?

I usually take it easy on any new bike up until the first service because a few hundred miles might throw up other issues that are better discovered at slower speeds. That doesn’t mean I’ve not seen that pesky orange light a few times since I’ve had my 1290 and I’ll probably carry on seeing it until the 10th April when it goes in for the first service but I’m happy that anything that may have been missed during a PDI would have shown up by now.

Copied from AdvRider:

“I got feedback from KTMSA today and they asked me to bring my bike in to reload the software. KTM International said there has been no restriction intended and it might be a bug in the Nav software which loads the wrong ECU map. There are 4 ECU maps for the R and S bikes. The S has one map ( Unrestricted) and the R 3 maps. ( Normal wheels, Continental Restricted and Continental Non Restricted.) It was more than likely one of the last 2 maps that got loaded with the NAV software. They reloaded the unrestricted S map in my bike and only reloaded the ECU software. This piece of software detects whether the bike is S or R and the wheel size can apparently be set in this ECU piece.

I have not been able to test my bike and might get a place where it is safe sometime this weekend.

The .133 upgrade updates the software on all 7 computers in the bike. Make sure you dealer loads the Nav upgrade and also the reload the engine management software with the correct map after the Nav software.”

Copied from AdvRider:

“I got feedback from KTMSA today and they asked me to bring my bike in to reload the software. KTM International said there has been no restriction intended and it might be a bug in the Nav software which loads the wrong ECU map. There are 4 ECU maps for the R and S bikes. The S has one map ( Unrestricted) and the R 3 maps. ( Normal wheels, Continental Restricted and Continental Non Restricted.) It was more than likely one of the last 2 maps that got loaded with the NAV software. They reloaded the unrestricted S map in my bike and only reloaded the ECU software. This piece of software detects whether the bike is S or R and the wheel size can apparently be set in this ECU piece.

I have not been able to test my bike and might get a place where it is safe sometime this weekend.

The .133 upgrade updates the software on all 7 computers in the bike. Make sure you dealer loads the Nav upgrade and also the reload the engine management software with the correct map after the Nav software.”

Would be nice to see what map is loaded in ‘settings’ but thats probably asking a bit much. Assume from this my bike is all good. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More issues reported:

“So I was able to test my bike this past weekend and unfortunately have to report that it still tops out at 8000 rpm in 6th gear. When I tested my bike the first time and it was able to do 265 km/h, I did not have the Puig Touring Screen, Top Box, intake filters and top crash bars installed. I was wondering whether these items robs the bike of the top speed, but don't think so. I was on a downhill run on one of the 2 runs I did and the bike topped out at exactly 8000 rpm both times. There is definitely still something wrong which does not allow the bike to run above 8000 rpm in 6th.

Was anybody else here able to test a bike after loading the Nav software and unrestricted map? Pls post your results so that we can have a full picture.

In addition I found a bug in the new software. The Media player has a bug and does not update the display of the playlist if it goes to the next song.

Also, I tested the new Nav application against my standard Garmin 595 setup. It is all but useless when you ride small back roads as it is trying its best to route you back to a main route through some turnoffs which are people's farms and does not even have a through road to the main route.
The Nav app is Ok going on a main route from A to B only. It needs waypoints to make sure you stay on the planned route and must have the ability to distinguish between dist and tar routes as Garmin does. This app is very first order and has a long way to go.

If I new it would restrict my 6th gear to 8000 rpm and the state of this update, I would not have taken the update.

I also had problems during this weekends trip with the keyless system. After I put in fuel halfway down to our destination of Friday, the bike would not pick up the key in both the standard and dead key positions. It took me many tries and about 10 min to get the bike started.
I think there is now so much Bluetooth going on ( Maps system, Audion System, Helmets, GPS and phone) that the small key BT signal gets lost in the noise. Make sure all your BT systems are off when you start your bike.”

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/updating-to-133-30.1283321/page-10#post-34707895

I think I’ll hang fire on the update!

Hilltop today. Mine hits the limiter at roughly 9500revs.

The Nav looks useful actually but it wants to stick to a route. If you make a detour it tries to take you back rather than recalculating. I can't see a setting to fix this - let me know if you find one.

Hilltop:

"1290S

As I’ve already said on here, this is my 4th bike tuned at HT. All of them running lean.

Not a huge gain in hp, but still significant. What blows you away is the increase in low-mid range torque. The bike is now super smooth and much less vibey (go figure, but I’ll take that as a positive).

Previously the bike wasn’t really happy in 6th until 70-75mph. Now it sits happily at 60 in 6th. Every bike has changed to the point of NOT needing to drop an extra gear for an overtake, just pulls like a train. It’s so much smoother you have to check the speedo! 85 now feels like 70!"

Cash well spent.

Here's the before/after map.

Attachments

• Mapping 1290.JPG
    Mapping 1290.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 146
Hilltop today. Mine hits the limiter at roughly 9500revs.

The Nav looks useful actually but it wants to stick to a route. If you make a detour it tries to take you back rather than recalculating. I can't see a setting to fix this - let me know if you find one.

Hilltop:

"1290S

As I’ve already said on here, this is my 4th bike tuned at HT. All of them running lean.

Not a huge gain in hp, but still significant. What blows you away is the increase in low-mid range torque. The bike is now super smooth and much less vibey (go figure, but I’ll take that as a positive).

Previously the bike wasn’t really happy in 6th until 70-75mph. Now it sits happily at 60 in 6th. Every bike has changed to the point of NOT needing to drop an extra gear for an overtake, just pulls like a train. It’s so much smoother you have to check the speedo! 85 now feels like 70!"

Cash well spent.

Why’s it hitting the limiter at 9500 rpm? Did Hilltop bypass that?

Back
Top Bottom