Anyone updated to 133.30?

Nutty

Reaction score
There’s several unhappy campers on advrider that have had their software updated to 133.30, and have noticed a drop in power.

Has anyone here had the update, and noticed any drop in power?

So what does 8000 revs in 6th gear look like? Very fast indeed I'd imagine. Probably a lot faster than I would take the bike on any public road.

Mine is booked in for the 9th April,

Whilst I agree with the above and would probably never see the 8000 rpm top gear limit if it is true that KTM have introduced a limiter without informing the owner then surely there is some form of recompense due, as you are no longer riding the bike you bought.

I am in two minds to allow the update to be installed if there is to be an undocumented software restriction placed on the bike. its an update I want as when purchased the albeit simplistic dash board mapping is something I considered when purchasing.

Mine is an R and there has been some discussion as to whether or not there is a mistake with the wrong update being placed on bikes in other countries that already had restrictions installed due to type of tyre supplied when the bike was purchased. There are various warnings on foreign KTM sites about top speed but UK supplied models do not have this due to being supplied new with road going tyres.

Any info on this subject would be much appreciated.

mine went in saturday for the fuel pump and filter change and also this very update but the dash has locked them out again(already had one new dash) so when then next one arrives and is updated ill be nipping round the corner to Bruntingthrope aero to see what it will do mister...

I've had it done on my 950 ... I don't need the choke on for quite as long from stone cold now .... :D

Do you ride in the 8k band ! Being restricted to 140 mph, would this be a problem ! Your riding the wrong bike if peak floats ya boat.

Do you ride in the 8k band ! Being restricted to 140 mph, would this be a problem ! Your riding the wrong bike if peak floats ya boat.

Very rarely, but there are reports of torque being limited all through the rev range since the update. One bloke even reckoned he’d got out dragged by an LC GSA after the update! :eek::D

Very rarely, but there are reports of torque being limited all through the rev range since the update. One bloke even reckoned he’d got out dragged by an LC GSA after the update! :eek::D

I've just been reading the posts on ADV, seems quite drastic especially now there getting smoked by the GS LC ! Is this true ...

I've just been reading the posts on ADV, seems quite drastic especially now there getting smoked by the GS LC ! Is this true ...

Can’t be. There would be merry hell if all bikes were suddenly restricted!

Sorry but I don’t agree. I like the freedom of choice to occasionally go above 8,000rpm in top under the right conditions and would prefer to do so on the bike I enjoy rather than buy a 1290GT or S1000RR just for that.

Plus I’d really get the hump if KTM, (Ready to Race tha knows) decide to restrict the top speed of a bike they sell as 160bhp. It just wouldn’t be the Austrian equivalent of cricket old bean.

We could put this to bed.

On April 4th 10am I'm at Hilltop having the magic potion added. My bike will have had the update (TBC later today when I collect).

If someone has a bike (that hasn't had the update applied yet) can meet me there, Hilltop have said it wont be an issue for them to run a second bike up on the dyno and any differences will be seen clearly.

I'll add to this a couple of things.

1. I've had a few makes of bike done over the years at HT and every one has been sublime after mapping added. So, I suggest that whoever comes gets a map done too, although they might be wiling to do just a dyno run. There's zero issue with any KTM updates being applied after the HT treatment as the KTM software can't 'see' their mapping. It sits to one side of the main ECU map.
2. As a returning customer I've got a very good deal and I'm sure HT will replicate this.
3. Why wouldn't you get this done? It's a no-brainer if you plan to keep the bike.

Let me know ASAP!

I had mine done last weekend.

I didn't have time to have a proper play and it's far from scientific feedback, but I rode home thinking I must be getting used to the bike since in Sport mode it didn't feel quite so lively.

I only have 2K miles on it since picking it up October, the roads were still covered in salt and not particularly good conditions so hardly enough to contact KTM about yet. But I will 'try harder' over the coming weekend to put that feeling and subsequent comments I have read about (thanks for the point to Advrider) to the test.

KTM UK have confirmed to to a couple of guys over on Advrider that the update does not apply any restrictions but they do mention to check with your dealer that "the wheel speed correction for wheel size is correctly set" if you have any concerns.

Maybe some SAS's are being reset to the slower R settings as a default :augie

KTM UK have confirmed to to a couple of guys over on Advrider that the update does not apply any restrictions but they do mention to check with your dealer that "the wheel speed correction for wheel size is correctly set" if you have any concerns.

Maybe some SAS's are being reset to the slower R settings as a default :augie

Be interesting to hear from the the guy who alleges he’s been out dragged by a GS if its down to his wheel size 🤣

Of course being out dragged could happen for many many reasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could put this to bed.

On April 4th 10am I'm at Hilltop having the magic potion added. My bike will have had the update (TBC later today when I collect).

If someone has a bike (that hasn't had the update applied yet) can meet me there, Hilltop have said it wont be an issue for them to run a second bike up on the dyno and any differences will be seen clearly.

I'll add to this a couple of things.

1. I've had a few makes of bike done over the years at HT and every one has been sublime after mapping added. So, I suggest that whoever comes gets a map done too, although they might be wiling to do just a dyno run. There's zero issue with any KTM updates being applied after the HT treatment as the KTM software can't 'see' their mapping. It sits to one side of the main ECU map.
2. As a returning customer I've got a very good deal and I'm sure HT will replicate this.
3. Why wouldn't you get this done? It's a no-brainer if you plan to keep the bike.

Let me know ASAP!

Going next Friday and mine already updated to 133.30 - at least they will have had a chance to sort out any issues which 133.30 may cause them on yours before doing mine :D

Back
Top Bottom