2014 gsa lc spotlights

cbrgaz

Reaction score
I have a 2014 r1200gs lc adventure and the left hand spotlight has stopped working.
I have taken it to bits but the was no sign of water of corroded connections so I can only guess it is irreparably broken.
As the lights were ornaments as they didn't light anything up other than the hedgerows, does anyone know of any plug and play replacements, or how to utilise the 4 wires feeding the lights in order to wire up replacement LED spotlights?

Cheers

Garry

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is there any condensation in the glass? You can still rescue it. Disconnect the lights. On the loom side use electrical contact cleaner to spray the connector from behind to try and clear any water ingress. It dries out quickly then give it a squirt of WD40. Let it be for a day disconnected. On the light side I just squirt it with electrical contact cleaner.

Try this and if it works put some Dow Corning DC4 on the seal and the back of the connector before reconnecting the plug.

There is no condensation inside, I've had the light apart and there no corrosion on the connectors either.
I reassembled the wiring with dialectic grease to keep the water out, but still no dice.
I may try the right hand spotlight on the left to check it is the unit at fault.

There is no condensation inside, I've had the light apart and there no corrosion on the connectors either.
I reassembled the wiring with dialectic grease to keep the water out, but still no dice.
I may try the right hand spotlight on the left to check it is the unit at fault.

Sure you have seen this thread alread.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/469461-Drying-out-your-Aux-LEDS/page2

And also look at post 50 in thread below, good work on fitting Denali,s from carlosfandango.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...bracket/page4?highlight=fitting+Denali+lights

If they were ornimental don’t bother turning them on and nobody will be any the wiser.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom