Ktm 1290r insurance quote?

cawteracing

Reaction score
Hi all...
just got some quotes for the 1290 SAR... cheapest £782.... I live in Southampton, clean license and 52.. full license since I was 17... the next quote was over £2200!!!
If this is how expensive it is to insure may have to stick with the Africa Twin ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I insured my 1290GT with BEMOTO.

Thanks, I’ll have a look.. my Africa Twin is quite reasonable to insure so surprised the ktm 3 times the price

Thanks, I’ll have a look.. my Africa Twin is quite reasonable to insure so surprised the ktm 3 times the price

Insurance is a minefield, but to give you a comparison , I'm now 63, IAM qualified, long ago ex-police rider and my policy for the GT is £135.

Insurance is a minefield, but to give you a comparison , I'm now 63, IAM qualified, long ago ex-police rider and my policy for the GT is £135.

That’s a huge difference! If you don’t mind me asking, who is your insurance company?

Insurance is taking the P*ss at the mo

I know its not a KTM, but my current insurer wanted a 40% increase to cover the GS with one declared non whitelist mod -

Aftermarket brake / clutch levers

If i took them off and went back to oem it would take the 40% off -- i shopped around, and got 30% off my current premium inc mods

I'm nr chichester btw

Insurance is taking the P*ss at the mo

I know its not a KTM, but my current insurer wanted a 40% increase to cover the GS with one declared non whitelist mod -

Aftermarket brake / clutch levers

If i took them off and went back to oem it would take the 40% off -- i shopped around, and got 30% off my current premium inc mods

I'm nr chichester btw

I think insurance companies are bloody piss takers at the best of times... the gs was on my short list too and similar quotes! I don’t understand where are they’re getting there prices from?

Hi

When I bought the 1290S from Nick I had the exact same problem. I'm also 52. The problem is, being 52 is a classic mid-life crisis age. Also, you want to ride like you did when you were 20, but you can't because your wrists won't bend that far any more. Your elbows hurt, your tooth fillings randomly fall out and cause you to choke, you often can't remember what you were in the middle of saying to your wife, your reactions are slower than they've ever been, oh...and you failed to realize that insurance companies know you chose an orange bike because your eyes are packing up and you need to still find it in a car park. But you can't ignore a 160bhp comfortable monster bike. The insurance company know all this stuff, so they try and rip us off.

Anyway, I trust I've made you realize you've got more wrong with you than you'd thought previously, so now go to Makenzie/Hodgson and get the premium down to £350. :D

I found my 1290S a bit more expensive last year, than a GSA the previous bike, some crazy quotes as well. But Devittssorted me for less than £300. Also circa 52 years.

There is a new thingy now called the Internet, ask a young person to show you it and tell them you need to use a comparison site.

Go Compare works well for me, you always get mugged by your current insurer, especially when looking to change bikes, this year I bought an extra bike and needed to insure it for me and the Mrs meaning using the NCD for that and having to insure the 1190 without any no claims. My insurer wanted about £1500 for the two policies....

...Got it back down to about £600 with a quick comparison and a couple of phone calls.

thanks for the enlightenment... funny enough that’s exactly what I was using!

One big problem with insurance these days is the value of the bike your trying to insure.
Think £15,000 is the magic sum where they have to refer to their underwriters.

So if you can keep the value below that, your in with a quick quote. Problem is. If your bike has cost you £19,000. You don't really want to under insure it.

I tried a comparison site a couple of years back. Got a quote of £10K!

Back
Top Bottom