Which boots are easy remove?

notagser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-4 boots which are comfortable, waterproof, and ideal for me…until now.
Since developing a worn-out knee, these boots are now becoming increasingly difficult to remove, without assistance, as I have quite a high instep.
Can anyone recommend an alternative boot which might suit? I was considering the BMW Santiago ones as thought the clip system might make for a wider opening. (The dealer is shut for the holiday, so can’t try any for size until next week)
Any others worth looking at and trying?

I currently have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-4 boots which are comfortable, waterproof, and ideal for me…until now.
Since developing a worn-out knee, these boots are now becoming increasingly difficult to remove, without assistance, as I have quite a high instep.
Can anyone recommend an alternative boot which might suit? I was considering the BMW Santiago ones as thought the clip system might make for a wider opening. (The dealer is shut for the holiday, so can’t try any for size until next week)
Any others worth looking at and trying?

Im in a similar situation, but not knees lol

Ive got chunky calves, and a busted C4/C5 and related damage mean trying to pulling tiny zips is near on impossible too

So boot choice has become limited & expensive

So far ive tried

Modeka Transeurope II CE Touring Boots - Nice boots - but i couldnt pull the zip up on one boot :(

Tuzo CE Approved Touring II Boots - Fit was perfect on the RH - All Velcro and tabs :thumb

But one boot had a manufacturing defect, which gave it an odd twist (almost like it was a LH boot made on a RH last ) and it was difficult to get off

Looking around i've found these - Viper 1056 adventure boots - ive a pair comming next week for me to try - i'll let you know

Daytona Road Stars. They have a zip up either side and you can almost walk in and out of them. Over the years these (or any other of the Daytona range with a dual zip) are the easiest I have come across- and I have had 3 prolapsed discs in recent years which have left me almost unable to bend and/or pull boots on or off.

You will have to pay for the privilege tho......(but they are pretty much the best boots you can get)

Zip is also in the inside of the leg which makes it even easier to do up. Love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always found it difficult getting boots on due to a high instep. This was made worse after a knee injury as the fluid from the swelling sank into my foot. When the swelling went down my foot was wider than ever as it never returned to the original size. I had to sell my lovely, full length Daytona boots.
Like those above, I advocate the short Daytona boots. I have not tried the Arrow but I do have the Rainbow GTX. I think this may be discontinued, in the UK at least but some German retailers have them in stock and I ordered a new pair from FC Moto when they sent me a voucher code.
For winter I have a pair of Journey XCR and these are available from the likes of Infinity or Helmet City in the UK. Nominally the same size as my Rainbow boots but a much wider fitting. Great for me in winter as I can wear 2 pairs of socks and use my heated insoles. These are very easy to get on with two Velcro closures. Once closed the boots are secure. These are too loose to wear in the summer with a single pair of lighter weight socks.
Best thing is I bought both sets of boots on her - £60 a pair which was a bargain.

M&P have the Journey in their sale for £199 which is cheaper than the German discounters! https://www.mandp.co.uk/daytona-journey-gtx-boots.html

I am starting to get paranoid, I have most of the problems people have so far referred to.

I have had this issue with boots for years, my only solution has been altberg Hoggs, which are an extra wide fit, current pair are about 5 years old and tough as old boots.

Other options that have worked for me have been the low Alpine star type’s such as the Alpinestar Ridge and Alpinestar Monofuse and Portland. I really would love a higher boot but have come to accept they just ain’t going to fit me.

I have always found it difficult getting boots on due to a high instep. This was made worse after a knee injury as the fluid from the swelling sank into my foot. When the swelling went down my foot was wider than ever as it never returned to the original size. I had to sell my lovely, full length Daytona boots.
Like those above, I advocate the short Daytona boots. I have not tried the Arrow but I do have the Rainbow GTX. I think this may be discontinued, in the UK at least but some German retailers have them in stock and I ordered a new pair from FC Moto when they sent me a voucher code.
For winter I have a pair of Journey XCR and these are available from the likes of Infinity or Helmet City in the UK. Nominally the same size as my Rainbow boots but a much wider fitting. Great for me in winter as I can wear 2 pairs of socks and use my heated insoles. These are very easy to get on with two Velcro closures. Once closed the boots are secure. These are too loose to wear in the summer with a single pair of lighter weight socks.
Best thing is I bought both sets of boots on her - £60 a pair which was a bargain.

M&P have the Journey in their sale for £199 which is cheaper than the German discounters! https://www.mandp.co.uk/daytona-journey-gtx-boots.html

40 quid cheaper in Germany, probably cost 15 quid postage to UK so still 25 quid, not a bad deal for such a good boot.

https://www.ebay.de/i/152296880565?chn=ps&var=451498950104&dispItem=1

I have two pairs of Daytona’s, Roadstar GTX are my everyday and winter boot and I have another pair with a Velcro side flap for the summer.

By far my favourite boots are Hein Gericke Taureg. Mine are at least 10 years old still waterproof and still have the original clips and Velcro.
However they have lost their ankle support so I bit the bullet with a pair of Sidi Goretex Adventure.
The SIDIs are very supportive and comfortable. The clips are tight to use but easy to reach. They are more restrictive so feel clunky on the bike. They’ll break in eventually and are being compared to what amount to slippers.
I also have a pair of SIDI zip fastening touring boots. They are a pain in the arse to zip up. Thankfully I got them used for not a lot £s. I never use them.

For easy on and off, my Rev'it Discovery are the best I've tried. Lots else really good about them too. 300 quid.

For easy on and off, my Rev'it Discovery are the best I've tried. Lots else really good about them too. 300 quid.
Very tempted to try the shorter version of these.

How do they fit, would you say they would be OK for a wide foot?

Sent from a U11

Very tempted to try the shorter version of these.

How do they fit, would you say they would be OK for a wide foot?

Sent from a U11

I tried a 9/43 of these and they were way too small, then tried a 9.5/44 and they were still too small. Very tight around the toe box. Was gonna order the next size up, but a 10.5/45 sounded too ridiculous for my 9/9.5 sized feet.

Strangely, bought a pair of Revit Scout boots a few weeks ago, in a 9/43 and they fit perfectly.

YMMV.

D.

Well, with the assistance of deksawyer, I now know that I am not a size 10/44 in Daytona boots.
Now just need to find a good secondhand pair of size 43 Daytona roadstar or similar.

Back
Top Bottom