Selling an R90/6

R90/6 first registered 4th May 1976 and I have the original receipt from Geoff Daryn Motorcycles in Sandwich, Kent, dated 1st May 1976. The bike now has approx. 56k miles on it and a large number of receipts / service documented in a hard back notebook started by the original owner.

The bike is in very good original condition and seems to have been well maintained by all owners to date. In 2014 the gearbox and front forks were overhauled by Steve Scriminger who also did valve clearances / end float and balanced the carbs.

Modifications / extras:
S fairing.
Boyer Brandsen ignition.
Twin front discs / handlebar master cylinder.
Head flowed, twin plugged and fitted with hardened seats and new valves in 2000.
Stainless exhaust, crash bars and various other bits and pieces.
Siebenrock seat fitted (still have previous seat).
Panniers.

I need to get it MoTed this month and cleaned up to get pictures sorted to advertise it.

Wow. A blast from the past there. Used to go there on a Saturday afternoon just to look at Laverdas, T Tridents, Commandos etc, etc blasting up and down the street. We were riding Bantams and dreamt ' One Day...'

I have sold a bike in here, the R90s replica in my signature, got a reasonable price for it but less than Fowler’s offered in PX against a KTM.
Also sold a CCM as well.

What really sells bikes is a bunch of good clear closeup photos, so that people can see that they are not being sold a bunch of Corroded shite.
Who did the twin plug job on the 90/6? Jim Cray is based in Kent and his twin plug engines are a good improvement over standard.

A good 90/6 should be north of £5k, most of the bad ones have been hipsterised and so are worth little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are using EBay don’t go down the action route, go fixed price and they will come to you, negotiate and pay by bank transfer

I have sold a bike in here, the R90s replica in my signature, got a reasonable price for it but less than Fowler’s offered in PX against a KTM.
Also sold a CCM as well.

What really sells bikes is a bunch of good clear closeup photos, so that people can see that they are not being sold a bunch of Corroded shite.
Who did the twin plug job on the 90/6? Jim Cray is based in Kent and his twin plug engines are a good improvement over standard.

A good 90/6 should be north of £5k, most of the bad ones have been hipsterised and so are worth little.

Yes, Cray Engineering did the heads.

if you register as a "trade" seller on Ebay you will reduce your fees to £50 to £100 rather than 12% to 14%

you will never sell it on here as most are "wankers" who will ask questions with no knowledge or intention to buy

don't waste your time on here ........ past performance indicates what to expect

I have bought bikes 🏍 from this site and as long as they are realistically priced they will sell well on this site. Unfortunately there are a small number of bigoted men on here who don’t respect the views and opinions of others and speak in a rude and derogatory way. I have bought two beautiful airheads from this site and been directed to other bikes by members. Finally members provide invaluable information which would be almost impossible to get anywhere else. Long may this site continue selling machines and helping out enthusiast like yourself and myself.

Just avoid Florence (John Stone) he's a grade 'A' crook..........................and I can back that statement up!

Yes, Cray Engineering did the heads.

That’s worth putting in your advert, Jim’s ‘stage one’ twin plug jobs are very worth having, especially if he set the Squish band clearance at the same time.

That’s worth putting in your advert, Jim’s ‘stage one’ twin plug jobs are very worth having, especially if he set the Squish band clearance at the same time.

The invoice just says Gas Flowing - Fast Road as well as the twin plug machining, new guides, new exhaust valve seats (unleaded), cut inlet valve seats, new springs.

Jim’s been twin plugging BMWs since whenever, and the proof is in the riding, it’s much easier to do nowadays as with the choice of aftermarket ignitions, altering the ignition timing is not the Pfaff that it used to be.

Just a selection of pictures. I will post the pictures from both sides when I do the Ad in FS&W. Front view, the swirly lines on the screen are on the white board behind, the perspex is in really good condition:

Attachments

• Front On.jpg
    Front On.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 198

Back
Top Bottom