Selling an R90/6

Owen Snell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apart from on here, where's the best place to advertise an R90/6? I'm not in any other BM clubs / forums and bought the bike on here, so not really up on the market. Planning to go back to a 1200 GS and I don't need 2 bikes to look after.

Apart from on here, where's the best place to advertise an R90/6? I'm not in any other BM clubs / forums and bought the bike on here, so not really up on the market. Planning to go back to a 1200 GS and I don't need 2 bikes to look after.

car and classic
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/cla...pe=&price=&keyword=R90/6&S.x=0&S.y=0&S=Search

i listed my BSA for no cost , didn't actually sell it on car and class , went via Egay but for no cost worth a punt

steve

if you register as a "trade" seller on Ebay you will reduce your fees to £50 to £100 rather than 12% to 14%

you will never sell it on here as most are "wankers" who will ask questions with no knowledge or intention to buy

don't waste your time on here ........ past performance indicates what to expect

if you register as a "trade" seller on Ebay you will reduce your fees to £50 to £100 rather than 12% to 14%

you will never sell it on here as most are "wankers" who will ask questions with no knowledge or intention to buy

don't waste your time on here ........ past performance indicates what to expect

Well........I've bought two airheads from this site. An R80GS and an R100S. Also a K75 RT. Happy with them all and won't be selling any of them anytime soon. I may be interested. Let me know details when you figure out what you want.

I’ve sold numerous airhead bikes on here,if the price is fair it will go.
If you are an unrealistic greedy sod you may well get some banter.
In the last few years I’ve sold
R90/s
R80st
R80/7
R80 g/s
R1200 Gs
5x1150gs
1x1150rt
Maybe it’s not the buyers:augie

If you sell as a classified advert in the motors section it only costs about £15 for a month.

It’s worth trying here as mikeyboy says things will sell if priced right.

Trouble is some people think just because it’s an airhead it’s worth a million quid. Often by people who are buying as an investment and not to ride. They are stubborn and don’t like to be proved wrong :aidan

eBay is generally quite a good place to sell if you do it via a classified ad rather than auction :thumb

R90/s
R80st
R80/7
R80 g/s
R1200 Gs
5x1150gs
1x1150rt

Well........I've bought two airheads from this site. An R80GS and an R100S. Also a K75 RT. Happy with them all and won't be selling any of them anytime soon. I may be interested. Let me know details when you figure out what you want.

there you are - a ready made market

I sold my GS on here and bought the R90/6 on here as well (from Eng, it's a nice bike). I know it's a bit of a niche market, which is why I'd like some other options, also to see what kind of money to expect. I know what I paid about 8 years ago but don't follow prices at all.

I'm not a collector, but because it's so nice I tend not to use it enough and miss having something 'all weather' to just go out on. I definitely don't have the time or inclination to keep 2 bikes, so this will go to make way for a 1200.

R90/6 first registered 4th May 1976 and I have the original receipt from Geoff Daryn Motorcycles in Sandwich, Kent, dated 1st May 1976. The bike now has approx. 56k miles on it and a large number of receipts / service documented in a hard back notebook started by the original owner.

The bike is in very good original condition and seems to have been well maintained by all owners to date. In 2014 the gearbox and front forks were overhauled by Steve Scriminger who also did valve clearances / end float and balanced the carbs.

Modifications / extras:
S fairing.
Boyer Brandsen ignition.
Twin front discs / handlebar master cylinder.
Head flowed, twin plugged and fitted with hardened seats and new valves in 2000.
Stainless exhaust, crash bars and various other bits and pieces.
Siebenrock seat fitted (still have previous seat).
Panniers.

I need to get it MoTed this month and cleaned up to get pictures sorted to advertise it.

I need to find something comparable that actually sold to see what it's worth. I'll get a description together.

Probably not worth contacting Matkat, then... :p

EDIT - As soon as I read it had been bought from Eng, that told me nearly everything I needed to know about the bike... :thumb2

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment on selling here. I’ve bought a few bikes trough this site without any problems. If someone thinks their bike is worth a bit more than a realistic value their setting themselves up for a bit of banter. Remember this is not a sales site you will find every kind of person on here but if you want you could go to one of those auction houses that advertise extensfly in classic magazines. Their commission and expenses are quite high. If you put up a realistic ad with some good photos you should get a bit of interest. Good advice anyway. JJH

I would like to see pics....cos the description so far is interesting

The 90/6 is one of my favourite bikes.
Lovely to ride and so relaxing you can cover hundreds of miles without any effort.

I had the 90/6 that BMW had on their stand at the 1976 (might have been 1975) Motorcycle show.
One of those i wished i'd have kept. Sold it in 1999ish with 14k miles on the clock.

R90/s
R80st
R80/7
R80 g/s
R1200 Gs
5x1150gs
1x1150rt

Don’t forget my banana yellow R90/6 🤡

R90/6 first registered 4th May 1976 and I have the original receipt from Geoff Daryn Motorcycles in Sandwich, Kent, dated 1st May 1976. The bike now has approx. 56k miles on it and a large number of receipts / service documented in a hard back notebook started by the original owner.

The bike is in very good original condition and seems to have been well maintained by all owners to date. In 2014 the gearbox and front forks were overhauled by Steve Scriminger who also did valve clearances / end float and balanced the carbs.

Modifications / extras:
S fairing.
Boyer Brandsen ignition.
Twin front discs / handlebar master cylinder.
Head flowed, twin plugged and fitted with hardened seats and new valves in 2000.
Stainless exhaust, crash bars and various other bits and pieces.
Siebenrock seat fitted (still have previous seat).
Panniers.

I need to get it MoTed this month and cleaned up to get pictures sorted to advertise it.
It won't need an Mot after 20th May.

Back
Top Bottom