Skid plate 2012 R1200R

chasbmw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking to fit a skid plate to the bottom of my R1200r, does anyone know if they fit from GSs or Gsas? If so what years?Looking to see if Works or Sherlock’s have SH anything to fit rather than going aftermarket.

I’m looking to fit a skid plate to the bottom of my R1200r, does anyone know if they fit from GSs or Gsas? If so what years?Looking to see if Works or Sherlock’s have SH anything to fit rather than going aftermarket.

I’ve put the one from a GS ‘08 onto the R12R.
You also need the brace from the GS that screws to the engine.
The engine, apart from the flywheel is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ones from GS,s up to water cooled fit.
You need the front mounting bracket and the 2 rear cotton reel mounts.

These are very sought after for R9T,s as well.

currently getting 'Works to price up SH skid plate and fittings, otherwise Cymarck make a pretty good looking plate for the NineT that should fit, but is a fixed fitting to the crankcases rather than the OEM system of using rubber buffers to take some of the shock, Im using for a trip to Algeria, Road only but might be the odd washout to detour round. GS's are too high for me.

Got one fitted. They come up on EBay regularly and breakers. New price for everything is :yikes.
Got everything for £30 by keeping an eye open. Get a rad guard as well for oil cooler, again of good old EBay. Wunderlich and cos its not a GS bits usually go much lower price.

Back
Top Bottom