X challenge headlight on an x country?

Thefishingplumber

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hoping for some advice from the team!
I have an xcountry and agree headlight is poor effect. Have the opportunity for an x challenge headlight and fittings , is there much needed to swap over, can’t really see as all is covered by nacelle.
I do like look of asymmetric lights but also like a good headlight function and can’t really find useful views on it’s qualities. Any advice much appreciated!:
I figure alternatives are easier for x country

You will need a different instrument support and the plastic headlight surround , I’ve just went the opposite way and fitted an XCountry headlight to an XChallenge . The sidelight bulb housing/fitting is slightly different so you would also need to do something with that . Also the XChallenge headlight surround locates in the high level front mudguard which you won’t have on the XCountry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are other issues. I have done this change and documented it somewhere on this forum when I converted my 09 XCountry to an XChallenge.

1 of them is that the brake pipes on an xcountry fit under the bottom of the triple tree on the Country, just where the fender of the Challenge fits. You will have to reroute your front brake pipes if you do this change. It's doable, but beware.

Back
Top Bottom