Vango Galaxy 300

essjay

Reaction score
Anyone any experience with the Vango Galaxy 300? Not light at 6kgs but looks big enough to stand up in while maybe compact enough.

1bf7cc5334732a1fecbc890556fca040e4ce8630.jpg

yes had one for a short time, yes you can stand up in front part plenty of room for 2. i found it a pain to put up on my own and could never get the front part tight, went back to smaller tent, if there are 2 of you easy to put up.

I know people who have them and as Geoff says they can’t get the front tight enough which then flaps in the wind and lets rain in

I used mine for the first time this weekend at the Adventure Outdoor show in Stratford-upon-Avon.
It’s quite heavy and not easy to erect by yourself, but a good size and you can stand up in the awning. I didn’t use the awning groundsheet as I like to walk in with my boots on, but didn’t have any issues while Storm Hannah did her worst with wind and rain.
I’ll be using it again for a few weeks in the summer. I’d give it 7/10.
38c006edac3b9a0b8ef9d724ed9d45ee.jpg

7725bf2dca9d974efc12c716661a9bda.jpg

If you shop around or purchase second hand, a Vaude Chapel L is worth a look.

I picked one of these up for about £100 of fleabay. Keep your eye and you may pick a decent one up cheap. Used this tent twice. The first occassion was through a big storm in France. Concur with the earlier post re the front flap/entrance not being tight. I believe this is due to the grey floor tensioning strap being about 1 or 2 inches too short. Otherwise a good tent.

Back
Top Bottom