Standard GS 1200 Rallye any owner opinions? none TE spec

steele01

Reaction score
Hey everyone narrowing it down a bit between a 1200 GSA 14 on and a Rallye without all the extras on it.

How do you find it?

Whats your inside, whats the seat height like on off camber bends?

Anything you miss from a TE spec bike?

Hows the Normal headlight at night?

Thinking just a nav mount and heated grips might be good for the long run

An any other pearls of wisdom will be ace :)

Cheers,

Tom

On my 4th GS LC standard model, h/g and cruise. I will get the headlight upgrade next time, standard lamp is ok or maybe just add extra lights.

Like any GS, resale value is in the spec, if it’s the ‘basic’ rallye you fancy enjoy, But you can get a GS LC TE for the same price!

I was told that “Standard” Rallyes were factory order only at a 12 week wait.....none in the UK supply chain.....

Best ask your dealer before you make your mind up....( I was told this yesterday)

It was hinted that as it bumps up to the German MY change over it may be a greater problem ( 2019 bikes will be built from September)

I wouldn’t consider any bike without heated grips.

Thanks mate didn't realise that considering a 14 plate GS te as well to save a bit of cash

Un northerners are well ard' mate don't need heated grips hahaha

Heated grips are the difference between riding or not riding for me when the temp drops below 10ºC.

Any fool can be cold and wet :D

Last edited:
haha I jest lol always used my heated grips on my GSA haha not got any on my Norton's though so freeze my hands off LOL

Back
Top Bottom