Spidi Salopette

B Murr

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Spidi Salopette? Seems to go almost as far as the neck and I'm wondering would it be almost as good as a one piece rain suit . I wore something similar years ago while doing regular commutes and always stayed dry. Already have a rain trousers but for potential longer tours thinking about either getting a rain overjacket or getting full rain suit such as BMW ProRain 3. Consensus seems to be to stick with two piece set up but this Salopette might offer best of both worlds. Two piece lets me put on the trousers for riding on wet roads and jacket to go over my regular bike jacket if it's going to bucket down for a few hours riding. One piece- it's all or nothing.
So anyone tried it, any opinions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 298
So nobody's tried it ,eh? So I'd be the only one wearin the thing if I got one, I'd be a pioneer going forth where no ones dared to go before. Well that'll do me just fine :D:cool:, ordering one as soon as the buggers confirm what size will fit me. In fairness to my regular jacket it's waterproof liner does the job apart from a little bit that seems to sneak past the zip at chest level, the Salopette has enough height to reach up to that so I'll be grand in it. Might take somebody else's tip though and get a cheap decathlon or similar gore tex lightweight to wear under the jacket if a particularly sodden day is forecast.

So nobody's tried it ,eh? So I'd be the only one wearin the thing if I got one, I'd be a pioneer going forth where no ones dared to go before. Well that'll do me just fine :D:cool:, ordering one as soon as the buggers confirm what size will fit me. In fairness to my regular jacket it's waterproof liner does the job apart from a little bit that seems to sneak past the zip at chest level, the Salopette has enough height to reach up to that so I'll be grand in it. Might take somebody else's tip though and get a cheap decathlon or similar gore tex lightweight to wear under the jacket if a particularly sodden day is forecast.

You'd be better getting a Gore-Tex or other waterproof outer layer to wear over your current bike jacket. The rain would just bead off and not soak the material.

Often on sale from pretty much all the big outdoor gear stores as well...

D.

You'd be better getting a Gore-Tex or other waterproof outer layer to wear over your current bike jacket. The rain would just bead off and not soak the material.

Often on sale from pretty much all the big outdoor gear stores as well...

D.

You know what, I think I'll just buy one of those Oxford hi viz rain jackets to go over the jacket. I'd only be using that if a long ride in torrential rain forecast and no harm having full on hi viz for the dozy car drivers who may well have been driving for hours with family on board after disembarking from some ferry at other end of country (e.g France).

Bit the bullet, ordered XL. Usually a size L but with 34" leg so hopefully XL will do. Seems to be nigh on impossible to get someone to state what size I need when measurements supplied as most guides seem to refer to jackets or trousers or leather suits but none referring to the likes of a Salopette. I'll let ye know how they size up.

It arrived today, seems well made and a nice piece of kit which rolls up into its own zipped bag. Only thing is the sizing is way off, must have been using chinese models for the sizing. I'm a size L but went up to XL, seems like I need a 3XL :eek: which is a bit of a joke and thats just me in regular trousers and a jumper.

The 3XL replacement arrived, fits perfectly over jeans and a heavy fleece, nice and comfortable in riding position. Forget your regular sizing on these, I've never worn an XL , 3XL is just a joke. Nice bit of kit though and looks like it would put up with monsoon conditions. The label attached to it says use at max 80mph.

Back
Top Bottom