Park'n'Ride Pyrenees - anyone interested?

Simon_100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm just finalising a deal to rent out some spare space in my underground parking lots to a biker who wants to leave his bike here long term, flying in two or three time per year to have his fun.

This idea has cropped up over the years with people asking on forums or mailing me from my blog and I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing further as I have a opportunity to extent my 'empire' ... But this means money outlay and I need to test the water, so:

The parking is located in Tremp, i.e. the perfect base to travel in the Pyrenees on a smaller or full on Adventure Bike. There are direct coach service from Barcelona, two a day, as well as rather tortuous train service but that also links to Spain's excellent High Speed Train network down in Lleida.

My place is about 100 yards from the bus/railway stations - NB I don't give out the actual location to folks who have business knowing it! - and there is plentiful accommodation in the town, including a well known place that is also over the road from a bike mechanic, tyre shop, and all the other services - these are about another three hundred yards away.

My first 'tenant' is paying the normal going rate for a long let for this kind of parking, i.e. €25 per month based on a year's tenancy plus a €5 p/m extra for about 0.25 cubic metres of storage in my store/workshop, i.e. enough for full riding kit and soft luggage. He can also use my tool kit to do basic maintenance on his bike when he arrives and leaves and I will run his bike every few weeks over the winter to keep the battery in trim.

One caveat with that is that I/we have to be there when he uses the store as it's has a lot of our own personal stuff there. But anyone not using this can come and go as they please.

I've looked around and found some 'professional' bike storage, e.g. IMT tours and bike rentals, they do 'short term' storage @ €60 per month - possibly plus VAT @ 21% with a minimum stay of one month. So I'd do the same, plus the €5 pm storage option.

For the latter 'mode' I could expand the space just by leaving my car out of doors from say the beginning of April to the end of October so could start operating without committing my hard earned cash.

There would be a slight possibility of having bikes delivered by contacts of mine as Tremp is quite close to a major border crossing from France. But I'm not using that specifically unless there's a reasonable demand.

So, anyone interested?

Regs

Simon

Great idea Simon. I know some lads from lancs who have a similar arrangement in south Portugal. They now only do their trail riding in spring and autumn AND IN THE SUN.
Bump up the list for a good lad.

Great idea Simon. I know some lads from lancs who have a similar arrangement in south Portugal. They now only do their trail riding in spring and autumn AND IN THE SUN.
Bump up the list for a good lad.

Thanks Mick, also great to see/hear from you after all this time. How's tricks?

Simon

I'm afraid this idea has come to nothing. The extra insurance I'd have to have to pay would hardly be covered by any rent I could reasonable ask for ...

Back to the drawing board.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom