Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Anyone done decent mileage on the STR’s yet ? I’ve got 8500 miles out of my TA2’s that I’ve just replaced with tread to spare, but they were just past their best.

Anyone done decent mileage on the STR’s yet ? I’ve got 8500 miles out of my TA2’s that I’ve just replaced with tread to spare, but they were just past their best.

Not me, not much tread left after about 2k miles.. Perform well tho.

MC Cruise is now available for Throttle by wire DCT ATAS/AT, manual version not ready yet. Ordered mine, so looking forward to fitting it, once it arrives from Australia. Down side, got to take those fairing panels off again! :eek:

MC Cruise is now available for Throttle by wire DCT ATAS/AT, manual version not ready yet. Ordered mine, so looking forward to fitting it, once it arrives from Australia. Down side, got to take those fairing panels off again! :eek:

What was the damage in £££

Please post details of the installation process when you get it - looking at some of their other kits, there seems to be a lot of equipment to install.

What was the damage in £££

About £512 with postage and import duties.

Please post details of the installation process when you get it - looking at some of their other kits, there seems to be a lot of equipment to install.

I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, easy, due to having to remove fairing panels and fuel tank (already know how to do that anyway), but it is simply down to finding relevant connectors and routing cables, which will be the hardest thing to do. There’s a YouTube video, of a Canadian chap, who fitted one to his 1190 KTM, other than some additional items fitted to his bike specific extras, it looks pretty easy to me.

https://youtu.be/bhtJ7ptbgXU

Why does anyone worry about the resale value on a modern motorcycle ? Well, apart from that seemingly being a BMW owner ‘thing’ ?!!!!!

:nenau

Why does anyone worry about the resale value on a modern motorcycle ?

:nenau

For many of us, balancing income & outgoings is rather important!
Buy right and you can still have something to enjoy and may even turn a profit upon sale, rather than chucking 5, 6 k or whatever away in the first year to vat & depreciation.
I reckon I'll enjoy my old snotters just as much as the guy with a 15 or 20k 'latest shiney thing' sat in the garage haemorrhging money.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

For many of us, balancing income & outgoings is rather important!
Buy right and you can still have something to enjoy and may even turn a profit upon sale, rather than chucking 5, 6 k or whatever away in the first year to vat & depreciation.
I reckon I'll enjoy my old snotters just as much as the guy with a 15 or 20k 'latest shiney thing' sat in the garage haemorrhging money.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Maybe more

Hepco & Becker lower crash bars and the NEMO 2 chain oiler fitted :thumb2. Also bought a BMW soft bag as an alternative to a top box (so now I don’t have to ride around with panniers on all the time anymore) :thumb.

Attachments

• 3FA3BC90-8569-41D1-ABDC-41BA486AAD25.jpg
    3FA3BC90-8569-41D1-ABDC-41BA486AAD25.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 568
  • 98417D66-93E9-459E-900E-F3FCEFE81D44.jpg
    98417D66-93E9-459E-900E-F3FCEFE81D44.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 581
  • FB491672-3DAE-4D13-804E-5DA9A9CAD58A.jpg
    FB491672-3DAE-4D13-804E-5DA9A9CAD58A.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 574
Any update on this ?

It’s now fitted and very pleased with it. Fitting is not too bad, just time consuming, due to the fact you have to remove fairing panels and fuel tank on DCT and manual (manual bikes also have to remove airbox). Then it’s a matter of routing the handle bar controller cable to the back of bike, mount MCCruise computer under rear seat, run another cable to TPS connector and another cable upto two connectors at the left side up front. It comes as a plug and play, but you do have to push wire pins into the computer connector block, this just means your only threading some wires up the side of the bike, rather than a huge bike connector block. The other minor difficulty, the two connector blocks upfront, each have to have a wire pin removed, then a alternative from their harness pushed in and then a piggy back connected. They supply the tools to remove these pins, so it’s not particularly difficult, just be sure to get the right colour wire. Overall, excellent instructions, electrical pin tools and cable ties included, and depending on how OCD you are, can be done in a few hours. I fitted two, to my brothers and my bike in a day, and I’m very OCD, so ensured all wires were neat and cable tied nicely and also made a mounting plate out of plastic, screwed to the OEM mounts for the alarm, under the rear seat. Then it’s a matter of running through the various setup and diagnostic checks, before going out and trying it.

I’ve never had cruise control on a motorcycle before, so can’t compare with anything else, but very happy with the MCCruise overall. Bonus, we paid about £440, including credit card currency conversion fee! :eek: but I think we struck lucky on other thing! :augie :thumb :thumb

In the past, I’ve had the various types of handle bar throttle locks, ok for giving your throttle hand a quick rest, but the MCCruise is the real deal, found it very useful and worth every penny in my book. When I do eventually sell my bike, which I know I will intime, I’ll either remove the MCCruise if I px it, or leave it on, which hopefully might add some value, but also make the bike more attractive to the private buyers.
Very pleased with it. :thumb2

It’s now fitted and very pleased with it. Fitting is not too bad, just time consuming, due to the fact you have to remove fairing panels and fuel tank on DCT and manual (manual bikes also have to remove airbox). Then it’s a matter of routing the handle bar controller cable to the back of bike, mount MCCruise computer under rear seat, run another cable to TPS connector and another cable upto two connectors at the left side up front. It comes as a plug and play, but you do have to push wire pins into the computer connector block, this just means your only threading some wires up the side of the bike, rather than a huge bike connector block. The other minor difficulty, the two connector blocks upfront, each have to have a wire pin removed, then a alternative from their harness pushed in and then a piggy back connected. They supply the tools to remove these pins, so it’s not particularly difficult, just be sure to get the right colour wire. Overall, excellent instructions, electrical pin tools and cable ties included, and depending on how OCD you are, can be done in a few hours. I fitted two, to my brothers and my bike in a day, and I’m very OCD, so ensured all wires were neat and cable tied nicely and also made a mounting plate out of plastic, screwed to the OEM mounts for the alarm, under the rear seat. Then it’s a matter of running through the various setup and diagnostic checks, before going out and trying it.

I’ve never had cruise control on a motorcycle before, so can’t compare with anything else, but very happy with the MCCruise overall. Bonus, we paid about £440, including credit card currency conversion fee! :eek: but I think we struck lucky on other thing! :augie :thumb :thumb

In the past, I’ve had the various types of handle bar throttle locks, ok for giving your throttle hand a quick rest, but the MCCruise is the real deal, found it very useful and worth every penny in my book. When I do eventually sell my bike, which I know I will intime, I’ll either remove the MCCruise if I px it, or leave it on, which hopefully might add some value, but also make the bike more attractive to the private buyers.
Very pleased with it. :thumb2

Thanks for detailed update . Sounds complicated!!

I’ve had my ATAS stripper just to get at connector to wire in sat nav begins headlight but removing the tank etc sounds very complicated!!

Would rather do it myself than pay someone but not sure I’m up to it !!

I'm very interested in fitting the cruise, I do have the kaoko and it's ok to give your hand a rest but I prefer the cruise I'm so used to as per fitted to Bmw and Ktm.

Do you think Honda's nxt update will be cruise on the ATAS ?

I'm very interested in fitting the cruise, I do have the kaoko and it's ok to give your hand a rest but I prefer the cruise I'm so used to as per fitted to Bmw and Ktm.

Do you think Honda's nxt update will be cruise on the ATAS ?

Well it’s Intermot next week, so not long to find out. I’d be suprised if they do, but you never know.

Thanks for detailed update . Sounds complicated!!

I’ve had my ATAS stripper just to get at connector to wire in sat nav begins headlight but removing the tank etc sounds very complicated!!

Would rather do it myself than pay someone but not sure I’m up to it !!

Not really, if you know how to remove the fairing, that’s the hardest part. Fuel tank has one bolt holding it on, just have to remove the seat lock mechanism, remove said bolt, lift back up a bit and pull backwards a little, to gain access to the breather hoses, fuel hose connector and two electrical connectors. The instructions that come with the MCCruise are very comprehensive and explain all this, with photos. MCCruise also send you a pdf manual, so you can study it before it arrives, so it gives you time to prepare. I’m no expert, happy to do basic stuff and I managed no problem. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom