Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Maybe it's harder to notice with the DCT as the bike shifts gears for you, maybe my arse is not very sensitive, or maybe not actually seeing the before and after results puts doubts in mind (the bike was simply plugged into a laptop for 20 minutes), but either way, people rave about the instant improvement and that they can feel the difference before they leave the car park and that didn't happen with me.. Not having a go at Hilltop, simply my feeling.

Mine was the first AT DCT that Geoff did at Hilltop and the improvement I felt was huge.

maybe my arse is not very sensitive, or maybe not actually seeing the before and after results puts doubts in mind (the bike was simply plugged into a laptop for 20 minutes)

Unfortunately, the DCT needs the front wheel to rotate and that’s why DCT owners don’t get readouts at all.

Mine was the first AT DCT that Geoff did at Hilltop and the improvement I felt was huge.

jojitsu needs to call the man if he cannot feel any improvement, maybe get Geoff to reinstall !

With hindsight I should have taken it for a spin around the area and gone back to ask if the map had definitely been installed correctly.. Unfortunately Hilltop's isn't close to me and getting a day pass from the wife (with 2 babies) is rarer than rocking horse shit!

Does anybody such as RR do a rear rack for the ATAS yet ?

The main companies are about 3 weeks away, mid May for most they are saying. I have a shad topbox and they also told me 3 weeks though I think I may be able to adapt my current, though I don't have a bike yet :rolleyes:

Honda UK have been running a demo weekend over here so I had a go on the ATAS ( and the new Wing).
I must say I was VERY impressed with the ATAS over the standard AT I had in 2016.
The DCT is much better than before, not that it was bad.It seems to have an auto-blip feature now when changing down.
I like the new standard seat height,as it seems to be on a par with the high seat I put on mine.
The new 'look', with bigger tank, the tri colour paint and gold wheels is beautiful-in my eye certainly the best looking adventure bike on the market.
The ATAS DCT is what the AT should have been in 2016 !!!

24d99ac282fa74044849e6a3d81f0b3e.jpg

4f88d57127a497e6f41a58dbfa3a3eb2.jpg

I wonder how effective those deflectors are as the wind noise and blast around the chest area is massive above 75mph.

Must be relative.
I had tall screen and seat on my AT so very similar to the ATAS setup and I didn't find any issues with wind blast at all.

I emailed the Adventure Bike Shop and had a reply that the Bumot frames for the standard won't fit the ATAS and Bumot are designing some new ones.
I'm surprised as the fittings look the same, even though the rear racks are different on the AT and ATAS.

The pillion hangers now bolt under the frame rather than to the side - and the rear through bolt mounting underneath is different.

Panniers remain the same - just waiting on Assen at Bumot for his AS to arrive so he can get the new frames into production :thumb2

Givi and Kappa (they are one in the same company) will have rear racks available in the next couple of weeks.:thumb

Rear Rack
KR1161 - Specific rear rack for MONOLOCK® or MONOKEY® top case
to be combined with the KM5, KM7, KM8A or KM8B MONOKEY® plate, or with the plate KM5M or KM6M MONOLOCK® top cases / if combined with KM8A, KM8B it does not allow the assembly of the stop light kit or the remote control device on the case

Pannier Frames
KLR1161 - Specific rapid release side case holder for MONOKEY®, RETRO FIT cases
it can be mounted without the specific rear rack KR1161 using the 1161KIT

Ahh ... Kappa ....

I was in my teens in the mid 80's and had a pink Kappa cardigan ... :D

The pillion hangers now bolt under the frame rather than to the side - and the rear through bolt mounting underneath is different.

Panniers remain the same - just waiting on Assen at Bumot for his AS to arrive so he can get the new frames into production :thumb2

Yup . Fair enough .
I’ll get the frames as and when I can .

Back
Top Bottom