Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Bumot should have Pannier Frames for the ATAS toward the end of June. :D

We have the new SW Motech ADV Trax 45/37Ltr Pannier Systems in the shop, which like the Givi's, have a quick release frame system.
Nothing needs to be moved to fit them, and the frames can be removed in seconds - take a look at the install instructions.

kft_01_890_70000_x_2_xl.jpg

kft_01_890_70000_x_4_xl.jpg

kft_01_890_70000_x_5_xl.jpg

I'm still undecided on what to put on our own Adventure Sport - I love the quality and function of the Bumot's (which I can then move the panniers and Xtremadas between the standard and Advneture Sport) and the fact that they are really good as 'rear' crashbars, protecting the exhaust and rear body - but I really like the idea of quick release frames, which you really only need to mount when you are carrying luggage. :nenau

When you don't need to carry luggage, you can remove them and return the bike to having clean uncluttered bodywork:clap

Bumot should have Pannier Frames for the ATAS toward the end of June. :D

We have the new SW Motech ADV Trax 45/37Ltr Pannier Systems in the shop, which like the Givi's, have a quick release frame system.
Nothing needs to be moved to fit them, and the frames can be removed in seconds - take a look at the install instructions.

kft_01_890_70000_x_2_xl.jpg

kft_01_890_70000_x_4_xl.jpg

kft_01_890_70000_x_5_xl.jpg

I'm still undecided on what to put on our own Adventure Sport - I love the quality and function of the Bumot's (which I can then move the panniers and Xtremadas between the standard and Advneture Sport) and the fact that they are really good as 'rear' crashbars, protecting the exhaust and rear body - but I really like the idea of quick release frames, which you really only need to mount when you are carrying luggage. :nenau

When you don't need to carry luggage, you can remove them and return the bike to having clean uncluttered bodywork:clap

Thanks for that.Still pondering....

My personal opinion on the CRF1000 Adventure Sport over the CRF1000 Africa Twin

Suspension is hugely improved - to the point that I don't feel the need to change it at all. On our standard CRF1000 I swapped out the shock and fork cartridges as soon as possible

Ergonomics - although I don't have any issues on the standard one, the ATAS seems to be really comfy - slightly different seating position, higher bars, repositioned and larger footpegs, and the higher seat all seem to work together to be more comfortable straight away

Exhaust - visually to me it's better as the main silencer cover is now dull polished rather than bling shiny, it sounds fantastic, and seems a lot lighter than the previous version (before you ask, no I didn't weigh it due to not thinking about it until after I'd put it back on!!) - until we get the new SC Projects full Adventure Titanium system in the shop, I've yet to decide whether to leave it stock or not. Changing to an aftermarket system really is all down to aesthetics now - weight and fuelling seem to be fine in stock form.

Fuelling - Now that the Honda have moved over the 'Fly by Wire' throttle technology, they seem to have upped their game with the fuelling. Yes, it still runs lean, but not dangerously so (IMHO ;) ) like the previous model. Overall it just seems to pull more, although on paper it's exactly the same. I don't feel the need for a trip to Hilltop or fitting a RapidBike module.

Tyres (and yes, the spokes are now stainless steel) - got shot of the stock shite - I just don't have confidence in them. :nenau
Currently running a set of Motoz Tractionator Adventure Tyres - rear is excellent (it does weigh a shitload though), but I'm not comfortable with the front - had a couple of instances of headshake in the most unexpected of circumstances, and a gyroscopic effect sometimes when leaning into a bend - now it may just be my imagination, but I don't like having to think about tyres when I'm riding - so these are coming off, and I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs waiting in the workshop to be fitted. (I have these on the standard CRF1000 Africa Twin and love them :thumb2

Obviously, these are just my own opinions, and they are likely to change before the end of the week :D:D:D

IMG_4281-X2.jpg

IMG_0045-X2.jpg

IMG_4247-X2.jpg

My personal opinion on the CRF1000 Adventure Sport over the CRF1000 Africa Twin

Suspension is hugely improved - to the point that I don't feel the need to change it at all. On our standard CRF1000 I swapped out the shock and fork cartridges as soon as possible

Ergonomics - although I don't have any issues on the standard one, the ATAS seems to be really comfy - slightly different seating position, higher bars, repositioned and larger footpegs, and the higher seat all seem to work together to be more comfortable straight away

Exhaust - visually to me it's better as the main silencer cover is now dull polished rather than bling shiny, it sounds fantastic, and seems a lot lighter than the previous version (before you ask, no I didn't weigh it due to not thinking about it until after I'd put it back on!!) - until we get the new SC Projects full Adventure Titanium system in the shop, I've yet to decide whether to leave it stock or not. Changing to an aftermarket system really is all down to aesthetics now - weight and fuelling seem to be fine in stock form.

Fuelling - Now that the Honda have moved over the 'Fly by Wire' throttle technology, they seem to have upped their game with the fuelling. Yes, it still runs lean, but not dangerously so (IMHO ;) ) like the previous model. Overall it just seems to pull more, although on paper it's exactly the same. I don't feel the need for a trip to Hilltop or fitting a RapidBike module.

Tyres (and yes, the spokes are now stainless steel) - got shot of the stock shite - I just don't have confidence in them. :nenau
Currently running a set of Motoz Tractionator Adventure Tyres - rear is excellent (it does weigh a shitload though), but I'm not comfortable with the front - had a couple of instances of headshake in the most unexpected of circumstances, and a gyroscopic effect sometimes when leaning into a bend - now it may just be my imagination, but I don't like having to think about tyres when I'm riding - so these are coming off, and I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs waiting in the workshop to be fitted. (I have these on the standard CRF1000 Africa Twin and love them :thumb2

Obviously, these are just my own opinions, and they are likely to change before the end of the week :D:D:D

IMG_4281-X2.jpg

IMG_0045-X2.jpg

IMG_4247-X2.jpg

Good points/observations !
I've no plans to change the exhaust.It looks ok and sounds great. On my AT in 2016 I fitted a Remus Hexacone and Arrow headers, then Hilltopped it, which was just as well, as it was VERY lean.
Not going to bother with the ATAS.
I fitted tall seat and tall screen to the AT, but the standard set up on ATAS seems very similar.
People complain about wind buffet but it wasn't a problem on my AT so can't see it'll be any different on the ATAS.
Dunlops will be going though.They were shite in the wet on the AT and I swapped them out for Conti TA2s, which I've had on all my 21/18 wheeled bikes for years.
Might get TKC70s for the ATAS though.

Gate Guards

Out for a ride around Oxfordshire enjoying the back roads on the ATAS, main roads are chocker with holiday traffic.

Attachments

• A792FFFE-9C74-4BAE-B89E-0D37FF23523A.jpg
    A792FFFE-9C74-4BAE-B89E-0D37FF23523A.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 772
Off to collect the beast .
Mainstand ordered through those ever so nice people at Rugged Roads.
Bumot frames to follow when available.

Pictures Arsey!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Here ya go, seen here in its natural environment, hundreds of miles from the nearest tarmac 🤪🤪

637067bd9620b2a7109e902bdaa7e101.jpg

cff900a4ebbfe65ff68439ed7c89d011.jpg

f00fd6e65443c69d7a72616ecb87500d.jpg

a6de566beadf45f84e5ec03dd5ab2337.jpg

Great to be back on an AT.
For me , it’s the best balanced adventure bike out there and the ATAS has got rid of any minor flaws of the original AT . Love it !

Looks good Arsey!! I love my dct although its a 17 model.

I was reading some reviews about high speed weaving with the TKC on the Africa Twin.

Can’t get Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs so think I’ll get TKC70s

Bike looks good, but why not get a decent road tyre rather than an off-road tyre?

i think there's only me who loves the Dunlops!! its a great Road Tyre, not really pushed it in the wet but dry its amazing

Back
Top Bottom