Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Not really, if you know how to remove the fairing, that’s the hardest part. Fuel tank has one bolt holding it on, just have to remove the seat lock mechanism, remove said bolt, lift back up a bit and pull backwards a little, to gain access to the breather hoses, fuel hose connector and two electrical connectors. The instructions that come with the MCCruise are very comprehensive and explain all this, with photos. MCCruise also send you a pdf manual, so you can study it before it arrives, so it gives you time to prepare. I’m no expert, happy to do basic stuff and I managed no problem. :thumb

Ok ta. Might bite the bullet then

I’d guess a dealer could do it in 2 hour’s if they are any good, it all really depends on how fussy you are on the detail. But if you do it yourself, make sure the fuel tank is virtually empty and take your time. It works a treat by the way, best mod I’ve done, apart from the Pirelli STR’s.

Thanks Arsey, I’ll attack it at the weekend .
Do you need to remove the headlight?

Be careful, there area a couple of points that need care, once you have removed the various push pins, removed the mushroom bolts that hold the plastic cover on top of the fuel tank and there are two up at the top of the fairing near the screen instrument area, then gently pull to release the 3 rubber bungs hidden behind the fairing. There are two hidden clips that push into the fan shroud, these are difficult to release, basically you just go to pull and with luck they disconnect, sometime difficult and sometimes easy. The next caution is at the front near the headlights, there are two bits on the inner fairing, that need care, they have to be slid out rather than just yanked off, otherwise they could break!

Refitting is another game, once you’ve removed it, take a good look at the back of the fairing and the black inner cowl still fitted to the bike. There are lots of little fixings that require the fairing to be clipped back on, but also these fixing need the fairing to be slid back onto those fixings. It sound complicated, it is, until you under how it is done, Honda definitely made a simple job far more difficult than it needed to be! Basically if these fixings are not located properly, the fairing won’t be a good fit!
There are plenty of videos on YouTube, worth watching before you attempt it.
Good luck.

https://youtu.be/tDnxDx8uTOE

Honda also do some detailed instructions for the AT foglight kit, which details how to remove the fairing - I assume the ATAS fairing removal would be very similar?
I've got a copy of it saved on my laptop (all 29 pages of it) but I can't figure out how to link it here. PM me if you want and I will email a copy to you.

2019 colour!
fd49f902a4de8ec378e4e9d67e45d5c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I see they took up my suggestion back from November last year. I actually like that colour scheme, yes not quite as striking as the 30th anniversary one of 2018, but still a great looking bike.

Back
Top Bottom