Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Very nice indeed Arsey. Do you have the Pirelli STRs on there? Any good? I rather fancy them for mine........

Yup, the STRs are amazing !
I used to always fit Conti TA2s but these Pirellis have a much chunkier tread yet handle better on-road than the Contis did .
Only downside is a bit of road noise but apart from that ...... I’m getting a set for my 790 Adv when it turns up

That’s better

f400af957f169bfc36cb17883f1595cc.jpg

The Alpinas are a bit darker than the OE wheels :

73e2bea2cfe269573232941de30bdbcb.jpg

Before

3954832768d1b0b63beefced24f81bb6.jpg

After

871e24b88a803854a6a329f8318ac6a3.jpg

Doesn’t look any different :dabone

Yup, the STRs are amazing !
I used to always fit Conti TA2s but these Pirellis have a much chunkier tread yet handle better on-road than the Contis did .
Only downside is a bit of road noise but apart from that ...... I’m getting a set for my 790 Adv when it turns up

Thanks Arsey Good to know as I fancy as set and, like you, have always favoured the Conti TA2s. Next tyres methinks.

Spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon wrestling with the H&B engine bars. The holes that engage with the existing Honda bars would not line up, so I gave in and took the engine bars back off this morning. I was around 4 mm out on the hole alignment, so once the bars were off the bike I measured up the bars against the Honda bracket that they replace. The holes are 2 mm further from the mounting face of the bracket, so 4 mm total error. Since the Holes are in a fixed part of the Honda bars, there is no wriggle room. Motobins not particularly helpful, they don't keep the bars in stock so they can't check for a better fit. I can't be bothered waiting for a new set now that the bike is in bits, so the holes will have to be slotted to make the dimensions correct.

HB Bracket.jpg

Honda Bracket.jpg

You chaps who have fitted new wheels, did you replace the brake disc and calliper bolts as recommended in the owners manual?
I wasn't going to do it as it seems a bit unnecessary but thought I should check first.

You chaps who have fitted new wheels, did you replace the brake disc and calliper bolts as recommended in the owners manual?
I wasn't going to do it as it seems a bit unnecessary but thought I should check first.

I replaced all the disc bolts with a stainless kit and the front calipers with titanium.

Spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon wrestling with the H&B engine bars. The holes that engage with the existing Honda bars would not line up, so I gave in and took the engine bars back off this morning. I was around 4 mm out on the hole alignment, so once the bars were off the bike I measured up the bars against the Honda bracket that they replace. The holes are 2 mm further from the mounting face of the bracket, so 4 mm total error. Since the Holes are in a fixed part of the Honda bars, there is no wriggle room. Motobins not particularly helpful, they don't keep the bars in stock so they can't check for a better fit. I can't be bothered waiting for a new set now that the bike is in bits, so the holes will have to be slotted to make the dimensions correct.

View attachment 400246

View attachment 400247

I slotted the holes a little with a grinding stone and also ground the mounting face flat where it had distorted when it was bent during manufacture, mainly on the Right side bar. The H & B bars are in place now and fixed to the Honda bars.

I see the ATAS slays the GSA850 in MCN this week.
Nice! Excellent choice of words. Slays is soooo underused these days. Let’s try to use more of the good old stuff on this forum. I think it suits us middle aged/mid life crisis types so much better than #cool ��✊

Nice! Excellent choice of words. Slays is soooo underused these days. Let’s try to use more of the good old stuff on this forum. I think it suits us middle aged/mid life crisis types so much better than #cool ✊

Yup, I thought so. Only befitting of a 6 star bike !

55e812cf04e755cabfbdecd06be4ad44.jpg

Managed to get the bars finished and then cavity waxed the exposed parts of the frame today. ACF50 on the outside. Once it's dried off the exhaust goes back on.

Back
Top Bottom