Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Holy bejeezus, what are you doing to it ??

Getting access to the accessory socket to power up satnav!

Both fairings and headlight shroud need removal !!

Even more fiddly than on standard AT !!

462d123efd4d55a3841deec45bb25ee0.jpg

I bought an Eastern Beaver 3 piece lead and wired mine through that, bit fiddly feeding the nav cable through from under the seat but not as much hassle as that.

Forgive me father , for I have farkled !!!
Had no plans to change OE can on ATAS but then a mate got one and ordered two Akras by mistake .
I got the spare for a very good price. Must say it looks much better in the flesh than in the brochure .
Euro 3 too so baffles out. They’re only small so not stupidly loud but a much deeper rumble . Job done ( not that there was a job to do !!! ) 🤪

1336cee052607a0d0d87b114af3d3b21.jpg

8cbeb23c0bb5c2e726330c4c709c37f8.jpg

4465f32a31e7414a4213b64d4d9373b8.jpg

Forgive me father , for I have farkled !!!
Had no plans to change OE can on ATAS but then a mate got one and ordered two Akras by mistake .
I got the spare for a very good price. Must say it looks much better in the flesh than in the brochure .
Euro 3 too so baffles out. They’re only small so not stupidly loud but a much deeper rumble . Job done ( not that there was a job to do !!! ) ��

1336cee052607a0d0d87b114af3d3b21.jpg

8cbeb23c0bb5c2e726330c4c709c37f8.jpg

4465f32a31e7414a4213b64d4d9373b8.jpg

Thats bloody anti social; can't fault yer:beerjug:. That sat nav socket looks a pain; i hope Tesco appreciate the trouble you've been through to find their car parks:D

Had a test ride on one this morning (DCT model), only approx 1hour, but enough to get a feel for it. Liked the DCT straight away, and I felt very comfortable on the bike.Coming from a KTM 1290SA, I thought i would really notice the difference in power for overtaking etc, but not the case.
Suspension,brakes, handling all seemed very good, although I didn't get the chance to ride any fast twisties, so I don't know whether I would find the skinny front tyre to be an issue. Still don't like the idea of tubed tyres, but I guess I could live with them, although a puncture becomes a major problem rather than an inconvenience.
Absence of cruise control is a bit of an mistake I think, but not a deal breaker. The windscreen for me was not good - I think maybe the standard AT screen might be better.
The only thing that I thought was very poor was the dashboard, which I found to be difficult to read and a bit like a computer screen from 20 years ago - wouldn't put me off buying one, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the first upgrades Honda do.
Seriously contemplating buying one.

Had a test ride on one this morning (DCT model), only approx 1hour, but enough to get a feel for it. Liked the DCT straight away, and I felt very comfortable on the bike.Coming from a KTM 1290SA, I thought i would really notice the difference in power for overtaking etc, but not the case.
Suspension,brakes, handling all seemed very good, although I didn't get the chance to ride any fast twisties, so I don't know whether I would find the skinny front tyre to be an issue. Still don't like the idea of tubed tyres, but I guess I could live with them, although a puncture becomes a major problem rather than an inconvenience.
Absence of cruise control is a bit of an mistake I think, but not a deal breaker. The windscreen for me was not good - I think maybe the standard AT screen might be better.
The only thing that I thought was very poor was the dashboard, which I found to be difficult to read and a bit like a computer screen from 20 years ago - wouldn't put me off buying one, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the first upgrades Honda do.
Seriously contemplating buying one.

Why would you want one over your KTM?

Care to expand on that, Arsey?

I love the 1290 especially two up with luggage but for solo riding I love the balance and poise of the ATAS combined with the DCT.
You can come to a halt on the ATAS and stay feet up for ages and the general low speed handling of the ATAS is brilliant.

Well, if you could only have one bike to cover solo riding on tours, day rides etc etc, would you choose the 1290 Adventure S or the ATAS?

I love the 1290 especially two up with luggage but for solo riding I love the balance and poise of the ATAS combined with the DCT.
You can come to a halt on the ATAS and stay feet up for ages and the general low speed handling of the ATAS is brilliant.

Well, if you could only have one bike to cover solo riding on tours, day rides etc etc, would you choose the 1290 Adventure S or the ATAS?

I have the 1290R but I’d choose the ATAS DCT over it, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought the ATAS and be selling the 1290.

The KTM was sublime today though , though the ATAS would have been even better !!

249a9c593e6a00861d0d2b38cda304dd.jpg

OK, thanks for that, although I very rarely ride offroad, so that might bias the choice somewhat?

Had another short ride on the ATAS today - I would definitely need to change the screen and I still find the dashboard somewhat difficult to read, but my biggest hang-up is the 21" front wheel, which I don't find very confidence inspiring for fast(ish) road use, which is where virtually all of my riding will be done.
Is this just a case of getting used to it, or is it always going to feel twitchy and less easy to turn in compared to a 19" set-up?

its anything but twitchy, it defies logic to how well it handles with the 21" front..perfectly suited to uk roads, you hardly feel the potholes, also its not slow in changing direction, front damping is a bit on the soft side but still a very impressive ride

this is what happens when you hit a pothole with a 17" front ..happened on my GS week :blast

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-01-09-22-16_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-01-09-22-16_resized.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 423

Back
Top Bottom