Best screen for 6'4" rider

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning!

2007 Gs with Oem screen in my possession is very tiring at speed. I'm thinking of upgrading the screen to something that would suit me better.

I know there are a lot of threads and advice on aftermarket screens and attachments to reduce the wind noise and buffeting but I'm finding it hard isolating posts from people who are my height and taller.

Does anyone of the tall variety (6'3" and above) have any advice? The givi airflow seems to be the leader so far after my search.

Thanks in advance and I apolgise for a new thread on an old topic.

Im 6ft 2 but sit as straight up as I can and seat at high setting, tried the Wunderlich marathon in the link below, that is fitted to my mates GSA I was very impressed, I am going to buy the same one for touring, but without the support bracket, as 1 support bracket is not enough, I bought the 2 supports brackets from Mark in this parish, that will stop the screen bending on the other side at 75 mph on the motorway, oops just realised I have a GS LC

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/w...on-incl-screen-reinforcement-42710-301-1.html

Interesting. Thing is, I'm on the GS, isn't the GSA a different animal regarding the screen?

There is a lad selling a GSA screen complete with the support bar needed in the FS section.

Sent from a U11

There is a lad selling a GSA screen complete with the support bar needed in the FS section.

Sent from a U11

I put a gsa screen on my Gs - works great
a6e32435ebb535932201013d8a513742.jpg

Have you tried with different lids, you will be amazed at how it changes, and also jackets that flap around and spin wind up to your head.

Have you tried with different lids, you will be amazed at how it changes, and also jackets that flap around and spin wind up to your head.

Yep, a few different ones. Problem is my neck gets tired. Does not seem to matter what way I set the screen.

Hi I’m 6-4 and I have a 2006 GS, I have fitted a Givi airflow which to me is miles better than the standard screen. It is very adjustable. Have just ridden to ieper and back both times no stops except for tunnel and found it worked very well. I am still trying to work out the best position for me but so far I have the top part about 25% up, I think in summertime I will go lower to let air in.
I have not tried any other screen apart from standard so that’s the only one I can compare with. Hope that helps.
Cheers Nev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I’m 6-4 and I have a 2006 GS, I have fitted a Givi airflow which to me is miles better than the standard screen. It is very adjustable. Have just ridden to ieper and back both times no stops except for tunnel and found it worked very well. I am still trying to work out the best position for me but so far I have the top part about 25% up, I think in summertime I will go lower to let air in.
I have not tried any other screen apart from standard so that’s the only one I can compare with. Hope that helps.
Cheers Nev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is helpful.

Does the screen manage to keep the wind blast off your lid?

You could always try a cervical protector, to take the weight and strain off your neck, if you cannot find the screen that suits you.

https://www.google.de/search?q=Prot...WJ-KQKHQ2BDxsQsAQIMg&biw=1920&bih=863#imgrc=_

Thanks! To be honest, I'd like to just get my head into a comfy place. Reasonably quiet and a minimum of buffeting! Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll invest in a givi airflow and hope for the best. It can't be worse that my current setup!

Thanks! To be honest, I'd like to just get my head into a comfy place. Reasonably quiet and a minimum of buffeting! Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll invest in a givi airflow and hope for the best. It can't be worse that my current setup!

You will be amazed how much cash you can waste trying to get rid of buffeting, I had this on the Harley, it is all down to the screen angle, it really does not take much

You will be amazed how much cash you can waste trying to get rid of buffeting, I had this on the Harley, it is all down to the screen angle, it really does not take much

Yeah, that's why I put up this thread. I've tried all the options with the standard screen, so I'm happy to invest a few quid to improve things. I've been reading up on the givi airflow elsewhere in the last hour and it seems like the best option for me. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, that's why I put up this thread. I've tried all the options with the standard screen, so I'm happy to invest a few quid to improve things. I've been reading up on the givi airflow elsewhere in the last hour and it seems like the best option for me. Thanks for the help!

Is their not anybody close to you that has a similar bike and different screen that you could just try first to get an idea.

Back
Top Bottom