Acquiring Satellites

farmhand

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I went for a spin yesterday to collect my replacement Bluetooth headset, at the shop I paired it to the nav unit and set off home.
On the way there the nav was working fine but on the way home after pairing the bike icon on the screen was moving 90 degrees to my line of travel.
The nav unit now after being turned off overnight will not find satellites. I have now carried out a soft and hard reset and it's still knackered I left it out in the garden for a couple of hours looking for satellites but it ain't found any?
Oh and it's up to date with software. Any ideas please.:confused:

Pull the battery out and leave it for about 10 minutes and then put the battery in and let it look for the satellites might take 20 minutes, I had this happen on another Garmin

I would suggest that it’s fecked and no way back, I’m afraid. Though that said, I don’t use a BlueTooth thingy.

A Nav V of mine displayed all but the same symptoms after many miles of tip-top service. Exchanged (out of warranty) by Garmin for a new one but they like me. In short, its satellite detector gubbins had failed. It used to sometimes restart after a battery out re-boot and work correctly then fail again.

I posted a similar thread a few months back. Unfortunately it was for a nav3.

However I resolved the issue with a master reset

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/412516-Fail-to-acquire-satellites

That's the link to my post. I also have a nav5 and run a Bluetooth headset on both nav3 & 5. But to date have not come across your problem.

My nav3 is my stand bye gps. Should I have a problem with my nav5 it can still do the job. Ok the maps aren't the latest and the screen is small. But the audible instructions are good and you can pick them up cheap. Another advantage is that both devices can hold the same routes. The old mapping will give you a different route sometimes but it still gets you there.

Hope you get your problem sorted.

Ok thanks, I have taken the battery out and I will see what happens. I'll give Garmin a ring and see what they say.

Cheers.

Like Wapping said, I got lucky and mine worked, but if the internal antenna is screwed up, be nice to Garmin maybe they will help.

I posted a similar thread a few months back. Unfortunately it was for a nav3.

However I resolved the issue with a master reset

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/412516-Fail-to-acquire-satellites

That's the link to my post. I also have a nav5 and run a Bluetooth headset on both nav3 & 5. But to date have not come across your problem.

My nav3 is my stand bye gps. Should I have a problem with my nav5 it can still do the job. Ok the maps aren't the latest and the screen is small. But the audible instructions are good and you can pick them up cheap. Another advantage is that both devices can hold the same routes. The old mapping will give you a different route sometimes but it still gets you there.

Hope you get your problem sorted.

Thanks I'll give that one a try as well.

Sit rep battery was removed and replaced after ten minutes. It has now found Satellites and it appears to be happy I will see how it goes.
Thanks for all the replies and help great stuff.

Cheers.

Pull the battery out and leave it for about 10 minutes and then put the battery in and let it look for the satellites might take 20 minutes, I had this happen on another Garmin

That worked for me when I had the issue.

Back
Top Bottom