So. What works ?

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a clear, definitive, Comprehensive, list of the Bluetooth headsets that work fully with the TFT ?
1)
2)
3)
My Scala Q3 does not work. So will buy a new system.
There doesn't seem to be a clear winner that works. I cant see one post where someone is saying "Yeah all works perfect" So, tell me what works, so I can buy it.
The bike has the latest software (animation)

Thanks in advance .....

From all my research - starting point is - if its not Bluetooth 4 then forget it - I currently use Interphone - so anything less than the latest product set Tour/Urban etc - no chance if you are after full functionality.

I have read that Sena 20S fully works - however - is that an always works or only works when you do a+b+c in the right order on the correct day of the month on the correct side of the bike!.

For me at present - My Interphone F5MC works fine with one understood issue with my Nav5 - so I am going to keep it all that way - wait for the various Dash software updates and things to settle down before considering a swap of headset to finally talk to the dash.

Hope this helps - and looking forward to other feedback.

I cant believe that in this "Comms" sub forum there is not a post giving "What works" ......
It is all hit and miss? But there must be one unit that is consistently working ?
What is your issue? As I have the NAV V too.

Sena 10U & iPhone 8 (also worked with my iPhone 6s) all works apart from volume control on whizz wheel - which is a BMW comms thing only. Not a problem with the Sena as you get your own remote controller for it anyway.

Is there not a BMW helmet system ? (not including helmet)

I'd have thought that if you buy the latest BMW System helmet it should be fully compatible - with TFT, thumbwheel etc etc. BMW's was of encouraging you to spend more on accessories, perhaps.

However, I don't know that this is the case.

I'd have thought that if you buy the latest BMW System helmet it should be fully compatible - with TFT, thumbwheel etc etc. BMW's was of encouraging you to spend more on accessories, perhaps.

However, I don't know that this is the case.

Probably.
If BMW had a stand alone Comms set to fit into a helmet, id buy it.

so, the answer is NO. There is not a unit that works fully ?
Unreal :mad:

If you want Wizz Wheel volume control from either a BMW Nav or TFT then I believe you MUST have a BMW comms unit - they seem to restrict this function to try and force you into buying a BMW helmet with BMW branded/fiddled with Intercom

If you want Wizz Wheel volume control from either a BMW Nav or TFT then I believe you MUST have a BMW comms unit - they seem to restrict this function to try and force you into buying a BMW helmet with BMW branded/fiddled with Intercom

Yes .....
But what one is it ?
Can someone tell me ?
A model name ?
Anything .........:nenau

I can only find this, but its BT 3, not 4 :blast
INTERPHONE F5MC INTERCOM MOTO BLUETOOTH CELLULAR LINE BMW R1200 GS

I'll tell you what works.......
Only my new shiney Sena 20S Evo.............:green gri

The lot works brilliantly.

:clap

I'll tell you what works.......
Only my new shiney Sena 20S Evo.............:green gri

The lot works brilliantly.

:clap

Just got one so help me out as I have an aversion to reading manuals, what pairs to what and in what order?

Much obliged :D

Just got one so help me out as I have an aversion to reading manuals, what pairs to what and in what order?

Much obliged :D

Wonkey....
Connect your phone to the TFT.....
Then, connect your headset to the TFT.
Bang and the dirt is gone....
Just use the drop down menus in the connection settings. It was that simple.
I have :
Samsung S7
Sena 20s Evo....

Bloody brilliant !

Oh, plug it into your PC first. Go to www.sena.com (Support-software) and download the latest firmware.

Wonkey....
I have :
Samsung S7
Sena 20s Evo....

Bloody brilliant !

And does it work on the thumb wheel for volume on bluetooth. I can't get my Sena 20S to do this. Though I'm on a K1600 so just connect to 'the bike'

Quintin, The two things I've noticed it doesn't do.
1) Volume control on the selection wheel. This isn't an issue to me as the sena uses the wheel to adjust volume.
2) Album art in music playback. Bothered ? No......
Other than that Im very pleased with it. I'm sure these will be ironed out with later software releases.

Wonkey....
I have :
Samsung S7
Sena 20s Evo....

Bloody brilliant !

Sir you are a gentleman thank you :beerjug:

I've just got back from a 250 mile run, got the bike up to 600 miles for the run-in service in the morning, in the sunshine ! Anyway...... The BMW connected set up all worked, much better than i really ever could have expected. From music, to taking and making phone calls, to the TFT basic navigation. They have hit the head squarely on the head with this.
Its simply, simply loveleh !

Wonkey....
I have :
Samsung S7
Sena 20s Evo....

Bloody brilliant !

Sorted today and 1st time all connected and working, much obliged :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom