BMW CANBUS Charger Question

Hedgehog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the charger as per pic

My question is does anyone know if I can get a lead that I could leave on direct to battery i.e. DIN female to two ring terminals around 150mm total length.

Current bike does not have DIN socket and it's a pain taking seat off and using crocodile clips

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 381
Cut the crocodile clips off and put some ring terminals on instead, then attach to the battery. For safety sake, you could add an inline fuse.

Cut the crocodile clips off and put some ring terminals on instead, then attach to the battery. For safety sake, you could add an inline fuse.

Have other batteries that happily use the crocodile clips, hence the question. I could make one from scratch.....but if I can get an official one I'd prefer it

Fit a DIN socket?

Cut the bits off and fit any simple plug and socket. It’s only electricity, positive to positive, negative to negative. Easy.

Fit a DIN socket?

Cut the bits off and fit any simple plug and socket. It’s only electricity, positive to positive, negative to negative. Easy.

This - you can pick one up easily & cheaply. I just removed the BMW Socket & replaced it with my "wired direct to battery" one.

D

Cheers all

I've ordered a DIN plug with 950mm of cable on so I'll rig that up

Back
Top Bottom