bmw r nine t gs urban

geoff48h

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
so delivery date set for 19 04 2018
now all i have to do is get it how i want it :)
so what do i need to purchase to get it perfect :thumb

i will expect all sorts of answers.
let the fun begin

Some bits and bobs which won't be to everyone's taste but the Urban GS goes pretty much anywhere especially when you treat it like a ginger step kid!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 8,597
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 4,505
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 6,242
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 4,242
Here’s mine

MaM Head Guards
20mm risers
LC GSA Handguards
Twin Cam sump guard
Hepco and Becker rack
Enduristan tailbag
OEM Nav Mount
Wunderlich tinted screen

6599a91262e7ebf9777a170226df1653.jpg

d8c2b135b05b61383b07368e5253e1b1.jpg

I've fitted the following to the Scrambler X

GS Headguards
GS Sump Plate
Unit Garage Rack ( Pricy but fits well and practical)
Rizoma Ali Fly screen
Wunderlich Footpeg Relocation kit
Wunderlich Offroad pegs

That's all I need for now...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4,310
That's all I need for now...

And it looks really good on it. I was going to go with the Rizoma rack, but chanced upon a used Hepco and Becker, the Rizoma one has a bit of extra function though as you can add the side rails if ever you needed to for fitment of bags.

If it was my bike I would make it less Urban...;)
- Hepco-Becker rack and aluminum luggage
- Wunderlich winshield,engine protection plate,oil cooler screen,adjustable paralever arm (to make it steer quicker),seat (inch thicker/more comfortable)
- Ohlins fork cartridge & rear shock
- BMW tachometer with gear indicator,LED blinkers
When you are done you could have bought a real GS...:D
I love my 2016 R Nine T after I went through the whole list except that you already have tubeless wheels:thumb
Enjoy !

Just finished a list of fettling with mine. Last week it was Wunderlich hand guards and engine bars, tonight i've fitted the Wunderlich enduro rear end. Looks great and i'm really pleased with it, not sure whats next but it could be a different number plate mounting solution as i've used the original with the new rear end. Works but it's not as tidy as i'd like it to be..

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 5,470
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 4,355
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 4,276
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 4,731
A great looking bike, cheaper than my other favourite bike the AT Adv Sports and I loved that engine in my 2011 GS TB. I'm sorely tempted to try and get an extended test ride one of those bikes. AT the end of the year I tried to get a go on a Scrambler as they are so similar but all the local dealers had sold their demos by then.

Looks wise so far its ;

1) Farmer Palmer by a nose
2) Fluff
3) SE Rider

Keep them coming :thumb

A great looking bike, cheaper than my other favourite bike the AT Adv Sports and I loved that engine in my 2011 GS TB. I'm sorely tempted to try and get an extended test ride one of those bikes. AT the end of the year I tried to get a go on a Scrambler as they are so similar but all the local dealers had sold their demos by then.

Looks wise so far its ;

1) Farmer Palmer by a nose
2) Fluff
3) SE Rider

Keep them coming :thumb

Scrambler for me - the Ali tank just sets the bike off nicely :cool:

My mods:
Dart screen
Wunderlich bar risers
Acerbis Dual Road Hand guards
Fender extender
SW Motech adjustable ht footpegs
Wilbers rear shock (ht adjustable)
Unit Garage rack
SW Motech quick release legend bag
Grip Puppies
Tall Scrambler seat
Puig rear hugger
Hexhead bash plate
Hexhead GS rear splash guard (stops the rain and crap covering your back!)

........and of course they look better dirty :D

Luismoto now sell plugs to lengthen the front fork tubes if you don’t want to fit a kit to balance up a raised rear end.

Extras fitted to my Turban..

Wunderlich hand guards in white, :cool:
Unit garage rear rack,
Paris Dakar tank graphics, :cool:
Hex head sump guard,
BMW cylinder head guards,
Small tail pack,

Will consider fitting the mudsling when it’s available.

Jon :thumb2

Just finished a list of fettling with mine. Last week it was Wunderlich hand guards and engine bars, tonight i've fitted the Wunderlich enduro rear end. Looks great and i'm really pleased with it, not sure whats next but it could be a different number plate mounting solution as i've used the original with the new rear end. Works but it's not as tidy as i'd like it to be..

Thanks for posting, not keen on the rear mudguard though.............has a VRod look about it:barf

Fit the 70mm lift kit and your bollock will grow....... Check out the Urban GS Facebook page for loads of ideas

I fitted a rear rack and a Touratech topbox and a rear hugger aswell of loads of engine bits.......

Liking the rear hugger, which one is it.?
Actually like the whole bike but it’s so similar to mine... ��

I bought the hugger from Wunderlich so I'm guessing it's a Puig, I had it on my R Nine T Roadster for a year before I traded it for the Urban and it works very well in mud and snow with the TKC80's

Urban tarmac princess that she is.........

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 3,860
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 4,144
well got me bike, now going to get it to fit me :clap

have dropped the pegs by 20mm . i am 6"1 next is bar risers i am waiting for them to arrive, how hard is it to get to the battery !!

have dropped the pegs by 20mm . i am 6"1 next is bar risers i am waiting for them to arrive, how hard is it to get to the battery !!

for GPS power I used the plug that's lurking on the front left hand frame tube that takes the three wire connector bit of a fiddle to find and you need to remove the blanking plug... - this runs AUX power, for the optimate I use a CANBUS plug into the socket on the left side under the tank.

The battery is just under the rear of the tank, not tried to access it yet ref the above.

Back
Top Bottom