Termignoni exhaust

mike wright

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a Termignoni exhaust on the TC ? Is it quieter with the baffle fitted than the standard one?

Thanks

I am trying to find and exhaust which is a lot quieter than the standard one as its driving me mad on longer runs

I am trying to find and exhaust which is a lot quieter than the standard one as its driving me mad on longer runs

Try a MIVV pipe, with baffle in quieter than standard and no loss of power and they are lighter

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 495
Don’t go Remus, as even with baffle in it’s a lot louder than standard.

023a10fe8c3b35f7e60d4ff0db26a371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the supertrapp mufflers because there fully tunable with the removable baffle system. The options are there for loud or quite torque or top end it's your choice.

It must depend which Remus. My brother has a Hexacone with Remus headers. Even without baffle it's really not a noisy pipe. Standard can with Remus header made more noise than the full Remus system.

Another point on noise, my Akra without baffles at 70mph makes less noise than the front tyre. I need ear plugs to cope with the tyre noise so TBH the exhaust is not an issue.

It must depend which Remus. My brother has a Hexacone with Remus headers. Even without baffle it's really not a noisy pipe. Standard can with Remus header made more noise than the full Remus system.

Another point on noise, my Akra without baffles at 70mph makes less noise than the front tyre. I need ear plugs to cope with the tyre noise so TBH the exhaust is not an issue.

Mine is a full Remus Hexacone system, with flappy valve removed, Hilltop tune....it’s bare-able but quite a bit louder than standard. I like it don’t get me wrong. I’m sure there are quieter pipes out there than the Remus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a full Remus Hexacone system, with flappy valve removed, Hilltop tune....it’s bare-able but quite a bit louder than standard. I like it don’t get me wrong. I’m sure there are quieter pipes out there than the Remus.

Interesting. My brother's 08 Adv has a full Remus Hexacone system (though no Hilltop). Compared to mine (when I had the Remus header and OEM silencer) his is appreciably less noisy. Its gruff but really not loud. Compared to my shotgun Akra (that can really rip) his is whisper quiet.

I've stainless steel headers without a cat and the standard bmw exhaust.
To be honest it's ok for a day but if I was doing a long tour I would put the bmw headers back on as it does make the system a lot quieter.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The (1)catalyst and (2)flappy valve stop a lot of noise along with (1)sapping power or (2)just seizing up.

Just use ear plugs. Road and wind noise are toxic above 50 so it’s daft to not use hearing protection.

Went for the MIVV in the end and its perfect for my needs and nice and quiet so the neighbourhood will be alot happier as well. I wear ear plugs but also like a nice quiet bike as I often leave early and arrive late at campsites. Thanks for the replies and pics etc

Back
Top Bottom