Dakar too small?

Stevie P

Being 6'6" I need to create some extra distance between the pegs and seat of my Dakar. I appear to have two aftermarket options (short of chopping the frame up!).

1 Lower footpegs - which kit????
2 Increase seat height - pricey???

Any info / advice on the best way of doing this and still managing to change gear / brake / avoid dragging pegs along deck would be appreciated.

Ta V M

Stevie P said:
Being 6'6" I need to create some extra distance between the pegs and seat of my Dakar. I appear to have two aftermarket options (short of chopping the frame up!).

1 Lower footpegs - which kit????
2 Increase seat height - pricey???

Any info / advice on the best way of doing this and still managing to change gear / brake / avoid dragging pegs along deck would be appreciated.

Ta V M

Has yours got the normal (higher) Dakar seat, mine didn't when I got it and when I put one on, I found it much better

:confused:

JohnnyBoxer thanks for the reply, not sure about the seat being 'normal' or 'high' will do some research with my dealer.

Cheers

I am told the seat is a standard 'stock' seat that the bike comes with? It looks exactly like wor lasses straight GS seat, should this be the case?

Cheers

Standard seat

Stevie P,

The "Standard" seat has quite a large cutout on it.

Side%20view.jpg

I swapped mine for a high seat.

Let me know which you think your's is, as I might be up for a swapsies. PB

Attachments

• f650 high seat.jpg
    f650 high seat.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 394
Thanks for the photo's V. useful. They confirm that I have the 'high' seat to start with i.e. the non-cutout version.

Back to the drawing board.

If you can get away with just lowering the footrests, ie not moving the gear & brake levers (I've found I haven't needed to on my Adv), have a look at verholen or wunderlich lowering brackets.

Not well publicised, but the brackets themselves should fit the Dakar (not sure about the gear & break pedal bits tho)

Maybe also look at Fastway pegs thru Nippy Norman.

Back
Top Bottom