Bike transport /shipping to Europe

Greenson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to perhaps have my bike transported out to sunnier climes next year and flying ro meet it and use it tour for a couple of weeks then fly home and have the bike shipped back .
Does anyone know a reputable company who are experienced in this type of thing and how does it tend to balance itself in cost against say a trip to the south France taking cost of riding with fuel , miles , accom etc against transport and a cheap flight I accept its a bit of a cop out and the journey is part of the hols etc but at 60 yrs old I'm a little fed up of the trip to Dover and across northern France these days but still like to bike in the sun on my own bike
Thank you
Richard

I'm using a Irish based company called Overlanders to do the very same thing later this year - http://www.overlanders.ie/

They might be aware of similar UK companies providing the same service or they might even pick up UK bikes on their way to mainland Europe. I have heard nothing but excellent feedback from peeps who have used Overlanders in terms of price, customer service and level of care when handling and transporting customers bikes. Give them a call - hopefully they'll be able to point you in the right direction. :thumb2

Bikeshuttle is good (handy for Hinkley, too) but does run to a timetable, to either Geneva or Toulouse. So if you don't want to go to one of them...

If you want to have the bike freighted somewhere specific - maybe to Spain or Italy - EuroBikeTrans have a good reputation. I haven't used them (I have used Bikeshuttle) but know people who have and were satisfied with the service.

Thanks for the info and advice chaps ! Plenty to go on here and the cost look fair enough
Rich

Back
Top Bottom