crash bars

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the OEM crash bars on my 2000 gs (not adventure, with the not adventure crash bars)....do you reckon I better crash bars exist?. I am asking because I recently had a small tumble (on a country lane) and the bars did not seem to do all that much.

At the same time I am not liking the cage-like contraptions I can find on the net....they look ugly and I have long legs which could hit them making the bike uncomfortable.

what are your thoughts?

R.

I had Hepco and Becker on mine which did their job when I had an off in December and just replaced them with SW Motech ones

Just to report back to the forum about this. I have ordered these in silver from ebay...delivery was prompt and efficient and installation was routine. I have to say that compared to other crash bars I have installed in the past, their measurements and tolerances are close to perfect. Manual is in german but self explanatory and you get torque values which you should use as well....which is a sign of good design in my books.....so thumbs up on the product

Protection is much better than the OEM crash bars but there is a cost for this....servicing and access to the cylinder heads is more problematic now and I think that each time valve work is done, the bars would have to come off....

R.

Thank you Benhur Malta for your feedback.

As with most things in life, it's a compromise. This appears more inline with the newer 1200's engine bar design. 😀

Back
Top Bottom