How? sound symbol button nav6

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to get the sound symbol button up and working on my new nav6.
It was always just there on screen on my old nav5 but I’m struggling to get it working with this new nav6

The symbol like the one on this nav5 please see top left on this photo ie the speaker in the circle.

I want a similar button to be available on my nav6

Attachments

• 9315D5C1-7359-4899-B472-2E1FB11EC23D.jpg
    9315D5C1-7359-4899-B472-2E1FB11EC23D.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 254
Without love looking at the Nav, I think you go into dash selector then as screen button. Correct me if I’m wrong, as my Nav is on the bike and I can’t be asked to go and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have a Nav 5 to hand but it may be similar on the later unit, did you look in the settings for the screen set up I think its has optional screen buttons

These are the two units the nav5 and Nav6 and these are the available default buttons that are in the available map buttons section.
The nav6 (top) has the squiggly waypoint cancel button where as the nav5 has the sound button

Attachments

• FDCBF65C-0D58-4439-9B8F-68BBCCE5D4A4.jpg
    FDCBF65C-0D58-4439-9B8F-68BBCCE5D4A4.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 261
These are the two units the nav5 and Nav6 and these are the available default buttons that are in the available map buttons section.
The nav6 (top) has the squiggly waypoint cancel button where as the nav5 has the sound button
Press the red trashcan with "x" icon. Button should change to big "+". Press it and select desired option to add to map screen.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5X przy użyciu Tapatalka

That works, and it’s a very useful tip to know.:thumb2

A friend had helped me previously get a map button onto the screen but when I muted it to stop the nav voice interrupting our conversation it also muted our intercom system and I couldn’t converse with my pillion, however I’ll give this a try with my coms connected when I can get hold of someone to wear the pillion helmet, and report back here with the results

Cheers Ladzior, very much appreciated.

All ‘round to Batman’s for a celebration jolly...

attachment.php

Ha Ha! I’ll put the kettle on!

Bikers are always welcome at my place!

It should mute only Navigator sounds (directions, alarms etc).
Your intercom connection will work (assuming that you and pillion are paired together).

I’ll try it later when I have my pillion to hand.

I’ll you know the result

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom